Cultivated Reef

tpallas' 33g SPS Coral Dropoff Nano

tpallas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice looking build. This gets me thinking of setting up my drop-off pico again.

That was a very cool pico! To be honest I have first conceptualized this as being a 6-8 gallon desktop dropoff. Then things went from there....we all know hot that goes!

Yes!!! Can't wait to see more. I'm in the midst of planning a drop-off as well. Good luck!

Awesome!! Have you started a thread yet? Would love to know what you're planning!

Mr. Microscope
That was a very cool pico! To be honest I have first conceptualized this as being a 6-8 gallon desktop dropoff. Then things went from there....we all know hot that goes!

Awesome!! Have you started a thread yet? Would love to know what you're planning!

Not yet. I'm still working on some sketchup plans, but I was thinking about starting a thread for it (though it's still years off). Another major aspect I'm planning of the build is a huge refugium behind the tank that overflows into the DT rather than being pumped in from below. I'm taking big inspiration from kgoldy's DIY fuge. A big reason for this is to allow pods to fall directly into the DT rather than going through a return pump. I want a mandarin or two!

• 2 weeks later...
Is that black foam lining for the tank? Stand looks good. How much longer for until the tank is done?

Its actually a black rubber waterproof paint.....I'm thinking it should be ready in a week or so.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1" acrylic that must have been cheap :lol: The build looks great you gotta have an animal! Question for you the tunze is the magnet on the outside alot bigger than the insied? I just got the 6095 and the magnet is way bigger. :blink:

• 4 months later...

Wooo, fantastic. I had been wondering how this way going. Looks like it all turned out really well. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures once the water clears up a bit.

Thanks! It's been cycling for about 3 weeks now. Probably another 2-3 to go. Just working now on getting the equipment set up and calibrated. More pics to follow.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived