Pod Your Reef

5.5g update

maverick

My 5.5g nano has been up for awhile now and i think my first nano is going well. I will hopefully be upgrading to a 70w MH and 2x28w act 03 soon. just tought i would share. Tell me what you think

specs.

135w PC

moon lights

7lbs LR

Gsp

2 maximas

Monti

rics/shrooms

red open brain

toadstool

zoos

small candy cane

xenia

cleaner shrimp

snails, hermits, emrald, etc.

brown sps on left just holding for a friend while he changes from 5g minibow to 29g

Mark.olson1

I just started a 5.5 a few months ago....I with I could make mine look that good....I know that Pictures dont do justice....And im sure the tank is alot nicer in person

Nice mav. Be sure to acclimate the corals to the new light. I use 4 - 7 pieces of window screen removed everyother day when I started the Halides (this of course after I burned a few things:( ).

Originally posted by maverick

Tell me what you think

I think your coral growth will be off the hook w/ the new lights!

thanks for the replys guys.I started out with 3-13w baycos. then i found the 19w curlys @ home depot. I got two of those and 2 of the 10w 50/50 by coral life. then i decided it was too yellow so i bought 2- 13w act 03. then i decided to biuld a better hood out of birtch and i thought i would squeze in 2 more 19w. And my lighting is being upgraded as we speak thanks to bird man with the 70w MH.

Archived