SaltCritters.com

drool... the new via project

nanoboi

Im so excited . im upgrading from a 10 gal to a 21 gal via aqua tank. i have to get my stand today. went to my lfs to pick this up on friday night. hope to have the reef transfered over this weekend.

specs:

18 gal via

2x36 antic and white lite.

question though. do i use the underground filter plates with the power head , or do i just use my 2 power heads and my hob filter? any suggestions.

AiptasiaHunter

Are you sure that its 2x36 because my friend has the same setup (or at least it looks the same) and on his ballast its says 2x18. Sorry just had to ask...

The 15 gallon is 2x18, the 18 gallon is 2x36. Unless you see the two tanks side by side for scale, they will look the same in a photo as they have very similar proportions.

There is a clear advantage to the 18 gallon as there is lots more light (twice), and it is only 1-2 inches deeper.

I know the watts per gallon thing is largely bogus, but we are talking 2.4 w/gal on the 15 and 4 w/gal on the 18.

I'm ordering an 18 gallon, my biggest issue is do I like the black or silver.

Keith

yes im sure of the lights and wattage. i was going to get the 18 gal, but it seemed so small. 21 gal was only 19 buck more anyways. 219.99.

idea: what if i use the plates and the power head attached to it. then 2 extra pheads and the hob filter.

thanks.

DitchPlains

Beautiful tank, yes again were did you get it from, cause thats what i want. ..lol That's one Sexy Mutha Bleep Bleep..lol Anyways, ditch the gravel filter and the power compact, buy a metal halide so you can have everything you want, no point in buying a sexy looking tank with crappy ol pc's on there.....Lights are a number one priority! Hamilton, or Ushio, etc... Good Luck with the transfer of your old reef:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived