Coral Vue Hydros

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

WOW!!!! I read through most all these posts. Lots of great info. WHERES the pics????? I was really hoping to see lots of pics. I plan on re-doing my set up this weekend. Hope it looks half way as good as the ones I've seen. Will post the results. ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so I didn't pull the trigger on anything just yet. :D

Will that driver you mentioned work with the Typhon Controller? Analog vs PWM

@Hey Milad - is the Makersheatsink compatible with a Y-hanging kit?

No, the driver isn't PWM, it's 0-10v. I have yet to find a place that actually sells the ELN-30-48P to the general public (and not to only commercial places).

WOW!!!! I read through most all these posts. Lots of great info. WHERES the pics????? I was really hoping to see lots of pics. I plan on re-doing my set up this weekend. Hope it looks half way as good as the ones I've seen. Will post the results. ;)

I know, for a pictures thread, there is an intense lack of pictures. ;)

WHERES the pics?????

I know, for a pictures thread, there is an intense lack of pictures. ;)

I'm sad about no pics too. =( if I get some good shots of my new full spectrum rig, I'll be sure to post them.

My theory is that, as with unicorns and Nessie, the awesomeness of LEDs is hard to capture on camera.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Eye hook = this one?

+

this Y-shaped hanging kit?

x

How? ;)

On the railing of the Makers Heatsink where you would attach any hanging kit, how large is the gap on the railing aka channel? 1/4" maybe less?

well you need the eye hook that has the bolt. It slides right into the railing.

For some reason I couldnt find it on the home depot website but I know they have them. It looks like this:eye_bolt_hex_nut_n221-085.jpg

You also would probably want the hook version of the y shaped hanging kit so you can hook the eye hooks.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
What is a 65 year gallon ?

+1

What do you guys think of two of these over a 65year gallon tank 36x18x24

I would build it using all rebels though and steves drivers any advice would ne appreciated

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/08/27/hands-m...d-diy-heatsink/

If they are exactly what Evil did (LEDs + Drivers + Optics), two would be perfect for a 36" tank and SPS.

sorry about that 65 gallon was at work on my phone and it must have added the year in there does dumb stuff like that all the time.

so I would need optics?

what would the best configuration be for that tank if I didnt build those ones?

That would be pretty simple to light, most expensive part will be drivers if you run them on their own channels. :)

4x NW

8x RB

2x DR/CB/Cy

4x violet

What would be a good combo for a 36x18x24 tank using rebels? Optics or no optics?

Because it's deeper, I'd do

8x NW

16x RB

3x DR/CB/Cy

6x violet

Optics would depend on hanging height, but I don't see you needing tighter than 80-90 degree.

Doesn't seem like very many LEDs for coverage? Would four clusters work best?

Doesn't seem like a lot of LEDs, but I've got less than double that covering a bunch more area with enough PAR to keep a crocea clam in the sand. B)

That would work.

That would be pretty simple to light, most expensive part will be drivers if you run them on their own channels. :)

4x NW

8x RB

2x DR/CB/Cy

4x violet

As long as I'm using the LM317 for the driver, I should be fine, right? hahahaha

By the way, how many mA for each color would you recommend?

Thank you!

As long as I'm using the LM317 for the driver, I should be fine, right? hahahaha

By the way, how many mA for each color would you recommend?

Thank you!

1000ma max for NW and RB, 700ma max for the rest.

Archived