Coral Vue Hydros

What should I do, sand everywhere?

Manaz101

I have a 6 gal. Fluval Edge with really fine sand, it's so small that if I let the water level drop a bit, the water actually creates a hole right in the front. Well I have 2 Koralia nano's and when I turn them on, it throws sand everywhere. Currently all I have is my CUC, some crabs, shrimp and 1 snail. I'd like to eventually get some coral (after I get my lights next month) and fish, but for now I'm not quite sure where to place/point them where they can not blow the sand around. I'd like to keep the sand, since it looks really nice in the tank, but it just gets everywhere.

Any suggestion from anyone??

i too have a fluval edge with fine sand.

personally im wanting to remove it, which i may do soon. i hate it.

i have the filter and a knano(425gph) and i cant turn the powerhead on long or the sand blows from one side to the other. and makes a huge mess.

i personally would switch out for special grade reef sand. i have that in my 25g cube and its awesome, i run 3 powerheads in there along with a hang on back filter and the sand doesnt blow around at all.

hope that helps.

Thanks briansbelle, that's what I'm thinking I'm going to have to do also....since even the smallest bit of water movement blows it all around. It's just such a pain having to take out everything and then back in.....I just set it back up last weekend since we moved! lol She's going to kill me

The more I think about it, the more I guess I'll have to switch it out. Now what am I suppose to do with that sand? I don't have another tank. Do I have to let it cycle again? What's going to happen to all my lil guys? I was planning on getting a fire fish this Saturday. :(

Archived