Pod Your Reef

my tank

cmoreash

I know this sucks, but i finally got 4lbs of LR, and i am so excited. the pic sucks, i am going to go take some more right now. But, it's alive!!!! heh

I see the CRAYOLA Fairy has visited your reef...

nice, Just needs...... uh im not going to start... LOL its too new... besides, I cant wait Til the Hair Algae Thread starts HAHAHAHAHHAHAH:P

Dave: hehehe. You'll be helping out giving advice on how to fight the hair algae later on anyway. hehehe

Anyway, cmoreash, thats a good start.

The very first pic, is the tank lit with actinic only?

Its nice to see that you're so excited about this. My face was in front of my tank for hours and hours when I got my first ever live rock. :D

I still spend alot of time in front of my tank. Its simply amazing the various life in there.

How much LR are you planning to put in there? If you are going ahead with a reef setup and not a fish setup then I assume that you know you will need a lot more live rock. You have a nice tall tank design there. If you go the coral reef route then you can build up an awesome aquascaping with thie design.

Well, good luck with it, hopefully we'll be seeing awesome pics of it in a few months. :)

X) tehehehe, in better sense now, i realize i looked like a buffoon. heh, well i am getting the rest of the LR this week :) so i will have new pics then.

Royal Gramma

I have heard of this! It is called orangecircledisease!!!

On a more serious note, I am glad you posted your tank, know I know I am not the only one with a bare tank..:P

ttyl all,

Carrie

Hi....i will post a pic once my astreas and such clean up the rest of the brown algae, it looks evil...hehe...well i have new things poppin up everyday on the live rock, and my mushrooms have grown a bit, ammonia and nitrite finally are low, i will add a pair of clowns once i get a bit more cash...:blush:

Cmoresh.. How many times I have to beat it into yer skull? TAKE YER TIME ! dont rush on the fish.... it takes MONTHS to establish a reef..... let alone add fish to it... AND Your Ammonia and Nitrite will fluctuate.. I wouldnt be surprized if your Snails dont kick the bucket when you add yer next batch of LR if the AM and NIT spike....

Yer a buddy, so Im not yelling at U, Patience is a Virtue young Skywalker...... ;)

Royal Gramma

Sorry dave, I don't see any ignorant people, just nice, patient ones.... :D

Anyway, cmore, how much was the LR? I got mine for .50 cents pound. I currantly have 12 pounds, and like you, cannot get my face out of it. Little worms shrimps

X) aww dave, i was monitoring the levels for a while, and added a few snails, and after a few days, they were still ok, and the levels were still ok.

As of now, I have 5 atrea snails, and 6 hermits. Will add 2-3 more astreas, and more hermits. Nitrites 0, ammonia 0, and nitrates at 3.

I have spotted featherdusters, seasquirts, palthoa button polyps, mushrooms, macro algae, some other polyp kinda coral i don't know, and...well that's all i can think of right now :P

anyone know of any colony-polyp kinda coral that has pink, feathery polyps? sorry i can't get a pic, the camera is out of service right now ??? (mom is out of town with it)

Oh yea, and I am done adding rock! 50lbs, and its gonna stay like that! :) And it wasn't uncured stuff, it was precured, and part was fully cured...um....well not much is dying off anymore.

Copecods, etc are zooming around like mad, they are funny to watch, heh

well, the tanks been goin for a few weeks now, i think its getting there...

GRAMMA,

fer .50 Cents a Pound.. Im buying. I will take 3,200 Pounds payable and shipable Immediately. Who is your supplyer..? Personaly I think its a a Quarry Rock that was splashed in water and sold as base rock.... labeled as "liverock"...... Plese post some pics... and since U have a "Bare tank"... where does this rock fall in at? is it invisible? Im curious.... as are many others..... :

MY COST on rock from anywhere the cheepest lowgrade absolute WORST ! live rock is $ 1.79 a Pound Shipped... and that is out of the ocean and really is live rock.

Dave is right; have patience, you're much more likely to end up with a nicer tank that way.

I added fish in my tank more than a month after setup, and I think even that was too early, but then again my rocks were cured unlike yours, and my tank is a much larger volume than the average nano. I have actually taken out a few of my corals--I no longer have my frogspawn and big leather coral.

Well, take your time, hope to see some nice tank pics soon. :

Archived