Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clean-up Crew for 3 Gal Pico

napierja

Curious what would be suggested for a 3gal pico reef tank that has an open top. Currently running a 25 gal nano tank, but it does have a top so I haven't had to worry about anyone escaping. However, seeing as how the pico is going to be at work, I'd really rather not have to deal with escaping turbos on the loose through the cubicles. Thanks for your help gang. :)

I can say that dwarf ceriths and nerites do have some tendancy to climb out, but it's never far. Basically, they go on the outside of the glass, then they stop and wait hoping for the tide to come back in.

Nassarius will go to the water line but no farther, I've never had problems with turbos or trochus, though both may be too big for a 3G nano. I'd say just get your normal preference of a CUC in a pico size and push them back in if they climb out (it won't be frequent, and they won't make it onto your monitor or anything.)

Problem with ordering is that I'm in Michigan so ordering anything involves packages being transported outside in freezing temperatures. I'll use their kit as a guide though thanks guys

I have a quick crew from reefcleaners and I am extremely happy with it. They should be your first option.
Problem with ordering is that I'm in Michigan so ordering anything involves packages being transported outside in freezing temperatures. I'll use their kit as a guide though thanks guys

shouldnt be an issue, and itll only cost you like 15 bux

I like the virgin nerites for my pico. They seem to clean well and have very cool looking shells. Pricey though at $1.00 per snail. I have four of the virgin nerites, a half dozen dwarf cerith, a single FL cerith, and a couple of nassarius.

• 6 years later...