ReefCleaners.org

Where to buy a Sander Piccolo?

Wasabi

Anyone know where to get one of these in the US? How does the Coralife Super Skimmer I compare to the Piccolo? Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Lizbeth,

I found that site earlier but they want $44 for one. From what I understand, that skimmer should be around $20. Another skimmer I'm considering is the Coralife Super Skimmer I which I can find easily for around $20. I wonder how it compares to the Piccolo in terms of size and effectiveness? Here's another site that lists the Piccolo:

http://qualitymarineusa.com/drygoods/skimm...rs.html#sixteen

The dealer page isn't working for me though. There's got to be more than one dealer for that skimmer.

Scott

have you checked a lee's skimmer? i believe it's a little smaller (shorter) but fatter. the berlin air lift is comparable as well. both are cheaper than the piccolo. the berlin's the best quality out of the three imo.

The site I listed has a thing on the main page that everything is half off.........if you would....check it out and let me know. That would bring it in at $22.

Yes, that would be a good deal if they are in stock. The 50% off only applies to in stock items. I'll give them a call and post back what I find out. Thanks again for the input,

Scott

Scott,

The Sanders Company refered me back to Quality Marine, L.A. tel. 3106451107. I can't get the dealer page to work either.

Liz

Thanks Lizbeth!

I'll give them a buzz in the morning to see how much to ship one to me in Tampa. I notice that it needs 6" of water to work in but have also read that people have been putting them in their AQ200's. I didn't think the AQ200 was deep enough to do this. Are people modifying the Piccolo and/or their AQ200 or is there some other way to make it work? Thanks again,

Scott

Thanks Gobies but I already had that site. AFAIK, you can't buy direct from them and at least with me, the dealer lookup page won't work. That's why I was asking here. Lizbeth contacted Sanders and posted their # above. I'll call them tomorrow to see if I can buy direct from them or if they can point me to another dealer. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Coralife Super Skimmer I. I can find it cheap and it's smaller. Anyone have it? Is it any good? Thanks,

Scott

I paid $30 for my piccolo + $5 shipping

It is built of thicker acryllic than the berlin luft I have never seen the coralife one. I use mine in a whisper 30 I dont know about an aquaclear 200 I haven't used one. I really like this little skimmer and IMO is worth the $ over the berlin luft and for sure the Lee's (looks like it is built from a habitrail) You will need a strong airpump I think I'm using a profile 4000 with one side plugged.

It's under the base of my tank so I'm not sure about the model number.

Good luck,

Toy

Has anyone asked Chris to see if he can

get them into the nano-reef store via his

existing distributor or from

Qualitymarineusa?

It seems like an excellent addition to the

lineup.

• 4 months later...

I have a 10 gal that I want to start using this skimmer on but I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I can't find one in the US. I got the distributor link at the bottom of Quality Marine page to take me to the form to fill out only to find the form doesn't work when you try to submit it.

If anyone has found any leads on where to get one, the help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Sander's Piccolo and the Coralife model is almost identical. The small Lee's is also very similar. It is a basic design, a plastic cylinder with a collection cup, you can't really go wrong with any of them. The Sander's comes with bright green mounting hardware. I wouldn't waste your money on shipping or the German price.

Archived