Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Current Orbit 40Wx2 is AWESOME

MiniMasterFlash

MiniMasterFlash

I just got the Current (New CSL) Orbit 40Wx2 PC with 2 moonlights installed over my 7gal minibow and $%# it is so much better then my 32w smartlight. I don't know if the lamps are that much better, they are supposed to be 6500k, 10000k, 430nm Actinic and 460nm actinic, each ~20 watts, but man is my tank brighter.

Moonlights, 2 of them... awesome, nuff said

THIS thing is wicked sweet; mucho lighting, moonlights, broad spectrum lamps, quiet fan, great build quality and it was ~125 shipped to my door. Can't beat that package with a stick. You could go cheaper and get more light probally, but not with the build quality. AWESOME!!

MiniMasterFlash

The legs on the light are fully adjustable and I believe would fit a 1" to ~22" wide aquarium. It looks a little bit massive, but it's wicked sweet.

Ahhh now I see. I just went to my LFS to take a look at one in person to see if I could cut the shell down to 17 so it would fit on my minibow. I can't tell from the picture, do the legs overhang the front and back? That is nice and bright though! Thanks for posting the pic.

MiniMasterFlash

The legs are just about as wide(deep) as the sides of the minibow. The piping in the back of my setup actually prevent me from pushing it all the way back, so my legs are about one inch foward. And it is plenty nice and bright, and did i mention the moonlights are awesome?

NanoJan20.jpg

I absolutely love mine..... Great growth, no real heat issues and excellent color.

Highly recommend!

patty

PS. I really need to update the pics of this tank. Lots of stuff in there now and the biowheel is gone. Still having algae issues, though....bummer.

wow guys! I like the new light, does anyone know how much it resembles the CSL.... as in design? does anyone owned both the CSL and Current to compare the differences??

pattylt 's looks more like my CSL compared to MiniMasterFlash ...trying to figure out how those legs work...:|

KrackerG, the legs slide in a track on the underside of the light. each leg for each side is one piece for a total of 2 not four

MiniMasterFlash

Actually I believe Current is a spinoff company from ex CSL employees. I haven't seen a CSL light up close to compare , but from what I have seen online I think they are VERY similar.

KrackerG, i looked at your thread on the CSL 70w MH conversion, and I believe these are EXACTLY the same, except the fan on mine is a QUIET ball bearing and it has 2 moon lights.

fastredponycar

would the 40X2 orbit fit an eclipse 6?? That's what I've got and I wouldnt' mind spending a few extra bucks for a high quality light.

fastredponycar

would the 40X2 orbit fit an eclipse 6?? That's what I've got and I wouldnt' mind spending a few extra bucks for a high quality light.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two for $92.00 each and I love them. However the legs on mine are attached by screws on each side and are not adjustable.

Originally posted by Imnaha

Some have complained about the noise that the Coralife powerquad make, can anyone tell us if these make more or less noise?

I've had mine for a week, and my computer fans are louder, but then again, i got 5 of those. It's about as loud as a computer fan. Not annoying at all.

Archived