Top Shelf Aquatics

My First Saltwater Tank! 20H

coley54

• 2 months later...

Well, its been a while since I've posted last...I suppose an update is due. The tank is looking good. I already want a bigger one, lol. We are currently rebuilding my husbands 125 gallon cichlid tank so me getting anything larger is temporarily on hold. I've changed out both my powerheads from the Koralia 240s for 2 Koralia 425's. I like the flow in the tank at the moment but I still feel there are a couple of dead spots. Still messing around with them. My clown is doing fantastic and even has two new friends. Another clown and a green clown goby who I can't get a decent picture of as he's still being really shy. Can't get a decent pic of the new clown either...little bugger doesn't stop moving, lol. Having a bit of an issue with phosphates and nitrates. I've been doing large water changes and will be doing another tonight. Hopefully that will bring it down. I may have to up from 25% changes to 30% or 35%...maybe even 40% if I can't get it under control. Even with those issues, everything seems to be doing well. I did lose xenia...it just kind of disappeared. Which I'm not totally heartbroken over but still kinda bummed me out. Oh well. Anyhow, here are some recent pics.

FTS from early April

FTS.jpg

My original Clown who I'm assuming will become the female should my two pair up...this ones the bigger of the two. My husband is now calling it Nemo-ette...Ugh.

Nemo-ette.jpg

Here is the new clown with the original...he's hard to get shots of...

Clowns1.jpg

Clowns2.jpg

My porcelain crab

PorcelainCrab.jpg

My Peppermint Shrimp...I haven't encountered any of the reasons everyone hates these guys so much...I LOVE mine. He's super funny and doesn't mess with anything.

PeppermintShrimp.jpg

Green Clown Goby

ClownGreenGoby.jpg

Well, thanks for looking.

Archived