inTank Media Baskets

Placement of ricordia rock, suggestions

Guy

I have a nice piece of rock with a few colonies of blue/green ricordia. Rather than me tell you where I have placed it and is it ok, how about I tell you about the tank and the good folks of the message board tell me where it should be placed?

The tank is a 29-gallon set up with 2- 175 watt MH 12K’s. The pendants are about 9 inches over the tank and the rockwork only goes to about midway in the tank.

That being said, I am guessing the rock should be fairly low in the tank, but would like a few suggestions.

Thanks

Guy

I have my ric rocks on the sand, even though your tank is 18" versus 12" they will be fine down there, probably happier. Actually, I correct myself: I moved some blue rics about 1/3 of the way up, they are still fine a week later.....don't know about long term.

yep, what the others said, I have mine down near the sand in my 20gal w/ 175w 20K, some are growing in caves and get no direct MH light, just some actinic, and they seem to be doing fine.

-skeletor-

they don't need sand or to be low. indirect lighting from MH would fine with them. so you can have them "up" as long as they're not getting full on MH brightness. like skeletor has some.

Archived