Coral Vue Hydros

CAD 100G Artisan Build

LouDog3

I know my buddy Lou at Worldwide Corals has two black SOL in stock right now. Give him a call 855.992.7333 The Black are really hard to come by right now, but 2 would get you started.

Yeah, I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. My basement is being mudded and sanded, so I really don't NEED them now. I can wait, and if they do become available down the road just pick them up then. But thanks for looking out for me. It is an option to consider, so we will see. I'm going to see what AS says about their next available shipment.

Very nice! I just looked through your build, and I have almost gone through the same thing with sheetrockin, muddin, and then being able to get the tank going! I have a 120 and 3 black SOL blues as well! You will love the lights! Good idea about the 2 brutes for water changes! Cant wait to see more pics and to see it get wet!

Yeah the brute will be nice to just flip a switch and never have to lift a bucket again. Also I plumbed a drain in the slat room so I can just pump water out right into a drain.

It won't be wet for a while, it's hard waiting. I'm getting that itch.

Lastly, On the AI's can you do 3 controllers to do a Sunrise/Sunset or can that be done with one controller?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. My basement is being mudded and sanded, so I really don't NEED them now. I can wait, and if they do become available down the road just pick them up then. But thanks for looking out for me. It is an option to consider, so we will see. I'm going to see what AS says about their next available shipment.

If you are not in a hurry, then maybe the VEGA will be available! I'm hoping they will be out by the time my new build starts coming together.

Well, that's another option! Do you know if the Vega will have more spectrum?

That's the million dollar question right now along with the release date. Everyone on the AI forum is hoping that is why AI have not released the VEGA yet. Originally they were supposed to release them last fall. Then Radion came out and it is possible they went back to the drawing board to add more colors causing the long delay. Originally AI was going to just put 4 of the same Blue/Royal/White pucks they use in the NANO (has 2) in the VEGA and make it wireless and possibly adjustable with an iPhone App, but hopefully they are adding spectrum too. Even if they don't, The VEGA will still rock! Just hope they release it soon...

That's the million dollar question right now along with the release date. Everyone on the AI forum is hoping that is why AI have not released the VEGA yet. Originally they were supposed to release them last fall. Then Radion came out and it is possible they went back to the drawing board to add more colors causing the long delay. Originally AI was going to just put 4 of the same Blue/Royal/White pucks they use in the NANO (has 2) in the VEGA and make it wireless and possibly adjustable with an iPhone App, but hopefully they are adding spectrum too. Even if they don't, The VEGA will still rock! Just hope they release it soon...

Damn, I may just put my name down on the vega then.

saltwatercoral
Lastly, On the AI's can you do 3 controllers to do a Sunrise/Sunset or can that be done with one controller?

I have the 3 SOLS and only 1 controller. I have a believe 9 different timers in my controller to simulate the full light durring the day now. Here are my old settings. I have bumped the up just a smidge since these numbers but it will give you an idea:

9AM, 2/5/5, 15 min ramp, Luner off

11AM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

12PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

2PM, 15/25/25, 30 min ramp, Luner off

3PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

5PM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

6PM, 2/5/5, 30 min ramp, Luner off

8PM, 0/4/4, 30 min ramp, Luner off

10PM, 0/2/2, 30 min ramp, Luner on

Last I contacted AI (2 weeks ago) it was still the 3 colors for the VEGA.

They claim full spectrum from the white LED's just as they do for the Sol.

All this is subject to change.

Vu9tO.jpg

I think you will be fine with 2 Radions I think they say 30"x30" spread

You could try it. While the Radion chart show a 30x30 grid you can see they drop way off after 24x24.

The other problem is that once you mount two and add water, then rock your going to get shadows.

One no longer covers 24x24 completely because your rock work creates shadows and not all of that 24x24 area gets coverage because the light is not above...........its coming from a source to the left or right maybe partially blocked by rock work.

Sorry I am not solving your dilemmas and just delaying your decision’s.

I know you want to buy your lights but if the rest of your build would not be ready for 1, 2 maybe 3 months (finishing your basement) then I would wait and see what the market develops / brings during that time.

You could try it. While the Radion chart show a 30x30 grid you can see they drop way off after 24x24.

The other problem is that once you mount two and add water, then rock your going to get shadows.

One no longer covers 24x24 completely because your rock work creates shadows and not all of that 24x24 area gets coverage because the light is not above...........its coming from a source to the left or right maybe partially blocked by rock work.

I have a 24"x24" tank and I can tell you that 3" more on each side wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry I am not solving your dilemmas and just delaying your decision’s.

I know you want to buy your lights but if the rest of your build would not be ready for 1, 2 maybe 3 months (finishing your basement) then I would wait and see what the market develops / brings during that time.

Nope, you are dead on.

The longer you wait the more likely you are to end up with something besides LEDs.

At least, that's what happened to me lol.

Stop it!!!

There is already too much out there to look at.

I have LED's on my pico and HQI on my BC29. I can say the growth and colors on the BC are amazing. The LED on the pico isn't bad. It's dim able so I can tune it to a nice color spectrum, but the growth isn't near as good. I am just tired of swapping bulbs every 6 months and dealing with heat. Who knows I have some time, I guess we will see what happens.

Stop it!!!

There is already too much out there to look at.

I have LED's on my pico and HQI on my BC29. I can say the growth and colors on the BC are amazing. The LED on the pico isn't bad. It's dim able so I can tune it to a nice color spectrum, but the growth isn't near as good. I am just tired of swapping bulbs every 6 months and dealing with heat. Who knows I have some time, I guess we will see what happens.

Hahaha I only laugh because I am going through the same thing. T5 is old school, but proven. Nice ATI SunPower or PowerModule 6x54 would do you right :P

I don't know. I tried soldering some LIPO batteries for RC and messed that up. Also, I work 70 hours a week and have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 aquariums...so my time is limited...lol

And would i get all the features?

- Sunrise/Sunset

- Storm

- Timers

T5 is old school, but proven.

I became more, "I'll let the LED guys battle it out" and I'll fox with proven methods.

There's just too much change in the current LED industry to help me feel comfortable making a purchase.

Archived