Pod Your Reef

7 month 5 gal cube update

SLOreefer

I think it looks great, Ive had my tank up for longer than that and you have way more coraline growth. What are your spec's?

Im loving the zoos...

NICE TANK! is it bent glass?! how much and where did u get it i have a 6 gal eclipse and im tired of scratching it id prolly like to get something similar.

specs:

penguin mini and rio 50 for circulation

lighting just changed, it was 27w powerquad 13w actinic and 9 w actinic

now it is 2x32w 10k and 03 actinic

ive got about 11 pounds of rock

the tank is a 5 gallon cube, i got it at a store down here, i havent seen it anywhere else other than here, it was about 20 bucks which is expensive for how small it is, but its a cool shape. it is a standard square.

the coralline in this tank really took off from about week 3. it has actually slown down now that i have more sps in there. i have to scrape the front glass about once a week or it starts to get difficult to get it clean.

thank you for the kind words about the tank, ive taken a long time to build it up and i think it looks great. i jsut wish i was good at taking pictures so i could show you guys exactly what i see.

well i sold some frags not too long ago. hopefully they will start to grow faster with the new lights and ill be able to distribute them to everyone that wants them. they seem to grow pretty good but havent gotten them to take on other rubbble around them

printerdown01

Hey SLO,

Tank looks great! Sorry no one is responding to your tank :P ! If it makes you feel any better you are my first post in MONTHS! :) Wondering if you could give me a rundown on filtration (if there is any) as well as your clean-up crew!! Running a 5 gallon now myself with a 2.5 gal fuge. What are you dosing with? Do you have a top of switch on the tank (I know your last tank had one)? The tank looks GREAT!!! Very clean!

p.s. If you start fragging your zoos again let me know!! Also if that is GSP that is some of the most brilliant stuff I've seen in a while -I'm not usually impressed with GSP but the color is nice!! Most of the stuff I've seen recently has been much duller.

hey epsgiggles, i try to buy all my corals captive, so mainly other reefers,

printerdown, hey thanks for the response, you made my day, i hadnt heard from you in a while. the filtration is all rock and sand, nothing really to talk about, a rio 50 and a penguin mini hob media removed that turned itself into a fuge(hair algae grows like crazy in there)

i dont have a float switch cause it is closed top, when it gets hot i put a fan on it and prop up the glass and top off at night. i dose occasionally with b-ionic(when i remember)

but most dosing is in my topoff, i have one with kent buffer, and the other is seachem reef advantage calcium, i dont really measure just add

tihs has been the most maintanence free tank ever, i dont test water at all(havent in about 5 months) and does according to coralline color and overall look of the tank.

i really believe in the keeping it simple approach, no skimmers to mess with, no testing, nothing too hard to keep, very little feeding, and lots of current.

oh ya and that is gsp...the stuff is growing like crazy, im sure there will be some for sale or trade soon. it really is bright flourescent gren

I'll take some of those.. and those... and those.... and some of that in your av! Nice coral choices, Is it a custom tank, or was I a jackass and miss that post?

hey bird and xcajx thanks for the kind replies

bird the tank is by lee mar, im surprised down in so cal you haevnt seen it, i got lucky and my lfs in cen cal sells some of their stuff on occasion. looking at your tanks makes me say i want i want i want, and on more than one occasion youve tempted me into the realm of mh. by the way if you frag the really green monti ill be down to get some so keep me in mind, i have a green one but it has a purple base so it makes the polyps look a little brown

Archived