Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fishneedit T5HO fixture shocking people?

Vort

I have been reading reviews for this light, mostly positive, however on older reviews, I heard they where giving more than light, I heard they whee shockif people. From more recent reviews, I heard they have improved. Does anyone know of they still contain that glaring flaw?

I have been reading reviews for this light, mostly positive, however on older reviews, I heard they where giving more than light, I heard they whee shockif people. From more recent reviews, I heard they have improved. Does anyone know of they still contain that glaring flaw?

Never heard that one.. I used to use the 4x24 on a 29 AGA bowfront for about a year.. my only complaint is the bulbs that come with it suck (cant really expect more for the price, but would have preferred 10-20$ off and BYO lights ;) ) .. replaced em with ATI's and it functioned well right up until I tore down the tank.

Never heard that one.. I used to use the 4x24 on a 29 AGA bowfront for about a year.. my only complaint is the bulbs that come with it suck (cant really expect more for the price, but would have preferred 10-20$ off and BYO lights ;) ) .. replaced em with ATI's and it functioned well right up until I tore down the tank.
Yeah, heard about the bulbs - they're gonna have to do until I find some ATI 20000K. By the way, what kind of SPS where you keeping with that tank?
I have the fishneedit t5ho been using it for about a year and haven't had any problems like that at all.

Great to hear, any east coast homies remeber how long it took to get to them? Fedex ground.

less then a week for me. im in Virginia

Wonderful. North Carolina reppin holmes. I want to have a 14/14/20/ Actinic combo, is that a good choice?

lawnmowerblenny

ehhh you get what u pay for... I have halide FNI Fixtures and a 4bulb t5ho fixture bulbs are horrible stock. but sustained corals until I upgraded... In this hobby and other aspects of life it is tru money buys quality otherwise youll prob end up going through all the cheaper lights and wish youd bitten the bullet and had a nice light u can keep for years to come...just my .02

ehhh you get what u pay for... I have halide FNI Fixtures and a 4bulb t5ho fixture bulbs are horrible stock. but sustained corals until I upgraded... In this hobby and other aspects of life it is tru money buys quality otherwise youll prob end up going through all the cheaper lights and wish youd bitten the bullet and had a nice light u can keep for years to come...just my .02

how can you fault the bulbs..hell most other makers dont even inculde ANY bulbs..so atleast this light you can start using ASAP till you upgrade your bulbs. Sure this light might not be as good as a ATI fixture but it will do the job just fine

I have been thinking about getting 36 inch FNI T5Ho for the 40B sitting in my garage... not sure yet, but the price cant be beat!

Archived