Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happydance:

Hope you mean different in a good way haha

I do, tank is looking sweeeeet dude

At least they don't hurt anything, right? Just look bad if there's a lot. I'll try siphoning with an air line.

I showed my most recent fts to my girlfriend and she was like "That's YOUR tank?!" haha. We don't live together and she hasn't been by in a little while :(

Well we were just in LA together. We usually meet up on Wednesday nights. And I've visited her place a couple times lately. It all works out in the end though, she used to come to my place all the time when I had a dog. We're an hour away. Sigh.

I think my boss has me figured out. There's not enough design work at this small company to employ a graphic designer full time. He rearranged the furniture in my office so you can see my computer when you walk by the door instead of coming in and walking around the desk. So now I can't get on NR and Facebook as much :angry: I have to keep looking productive and hope they don't cut my hours :mellow:

Update in twin peaks: I'm naming the hitch hiker crab Stranger and the porcelain crab Scaredy Crab. I learned the hard way that you can't put super glue on a rock then stick it in the tank to glue to base rock. In my bad super glue experience last night, I also got some on my tiny digi frag. I hope it recovers.

Twin peaks...like breast mountains...the digital will recover :P....dude that sucks about the rearranged office.....plus he probably monitors the network lol....cell phone bro

Hey Scooby, haha. Twin peaks are looking nice!!!!

Are you still bleeding out you nose and ears?????

Looking good.

Looks like we both have goals of removing frags off plugs this weekend. I've never done it, kinda nervous :/

dont b its a piece of cake

Twin peaks...like breast mountains...the digital will recover :P....dude that sucks about the rearranged office.....plus he probably monitors the network lol....cell phone bro

lol I thought of that too.

Even if it doesn't, it was free. I do want to invest in a nice branching SPS in the near future though.

Nah, they aren't nearly that advanced. The computer is sooo much easier than my cell.

Hey Scooby, haha. Twin peaks are looking nice!!!!

Are you still bleeding out you nose and ears?????

Heeeeey :) Thanks!

Ugh kinda. My ears have still not cleared 1.5 weeks later. I'm taking meds and doing the netti pot but the congestion does not stop! I have an MRI of my sinuses and a follow up appointment in two week. Grr.

Why the new name? I swear if it has to do with David Lynch I'll be pissed. :lol:

haha no. Just thought I should brand myself like all the cool kids are doing.

Nobody loved me today :tears:

The sps frag that got super glue on it. It looks like skin peeled off. See how it's darker at the bottom? It might have also been stung by my yumas yesterday too. It got a little close. I just have so many yumas now :P

2012-03-06_20-05-31_222.jpg

Pierre is king of monti mountain

2012-03-06_20-17-23_999.jpg

Grandaddy hermit hanging off GSPeak and I have four clowns :P

2012-03-06_20-22-06_110.jpg

Here's a cool video of maricultured corals with amazing growth over time. I love sustainable stuff. I wish this happened more often.

I disobeyed the rule in my sig. I use mint.com to track finances/budget and I looked at everything labeled aquarium since November. eeeeek :bling: and I consider myself a budget reefer. Wouldn't trade it for anything though.

I'm close to $800 but had the tank, stand, salt, and miscellaneous equipment already.

$3k for me. :o and I had the sump, plumbing, return pump, skimmer, and UV.

If you count the original 10 gallon set-up, plus my upgrade I'm probably around like $1500 or a bit more. I'm avoiding actually adding it all up.

I don't wanna add mine up either....

But it can't be as bad as the money wasted on personal training sessions that I let expire...

:bling:

My two coworkers/bosses are driving me ####ing crazy today. I want to punch something. I need a new job. They are OCD control freaks and try to micro-manage everything that should be my responsibility. uuuggggghhhhh :rant:

Tank looks great, Ethan! Gotta get yourself a job in academics...the pay sucks, but there's a lot of unsupervised time involved :P.

There's so many jobs on this site that I would love to have but that would require me starting over with a BS in marine sciences or something. Does anyone have thoughts on the job field (aquarist/life support system operator for zoos, aquariums, and companies that install and service large private tanks), debt (I currently have none), economy, etc?

http://www.aza.org/joblistings/

Archived