SaltCritters.com

breeding clowns

freemandnj973

freemandnj973

so my tomato clown just made a snack out of her eggs but since she's laying i figure i would set up a tank or two. i have a spare 20 long, glass from a 10 gallon i took apart and 3 sheets of plate glass i can make another tank out of. i know i have to culture rots and have green water for them which im probably gonna go the instant algae route. im not going to be able to set anything up until my family and i are settled into the new house but i just want to put together a list of things i need and things to do. any and all help is appreciated

- what i want to know is how would i go about setting up the 20 long do i partition it into 2 or 3 sections for growth stages of the babies or just keep it a full 20 long. or would it be better to do 3 seperate 10 gallons side by side plumbed to the 20 long?

- whats the stocking ratio per section/tank of babies?

- filtration: i was thinking about putting together an algae scrubber to help with the ammonia which means i'll set up a sump for the grow out tanks. feeding the tank setup with ammonia to be able to handle around 6-8ppm at any given time so when i start transferring everything the only worry i'll have is keeping the food supply up.

I don't know much about breeding in general, I know you have to set up tanks for food like rotifers brine etc

you should talk to christoclowns on this forum and maybe even move onto a breeding forum to get more information

-christoclowns

Archived