ReefCleaners.org

Maintaining Water Parameters

Wizzy

You don't need to worry about algae, no. Kalkwasser has a pH of 12 and nothing will live in it.

Cool Beans. :D

Would a normal rubbermaid storage tote (or something along those lines) be suitable for this application?

I was thinking about using them for my RODI water and saltwater as well.

Thanks- Wizzy :happy:

Cool Beans. :D

Would a normal rubbermaid storage tote (or something along those lines) be suitable for this application?

I was thinking about using them for my RODI water and saltwater as well.

Don't know, unless I see the specific product. The Brute line of Rubbermaid products are known to be food safe and fine for reef aquarium use. Some people will rinse them with vinegar or HCl or RO/DI before use to be extra safe. There are definitely Rubbermaid products that I would not use for kalk or saltwater storage because they will leach nasty stuff.

To err on the safe side, I would buy a Nalgene polyprop[ylene bin, or a good old 5 gallon bucket, or a glass container like a 10 or 20 gallon tank. When you start experimenting with plastics you're on your own. :D

Don't know, unless I see the specific product. The Brute line of Rubbermaid products are known to be food safe and fine for reef aquarium use. Some people will rinse them with vinegar or HCl or RO/DI before use to be extra safe. There are definitely Rubbermaid products that I would not use for kalk or saltwater storage because they will leach nasty stuff.

To err on the safe side, I would buy a Nalgene polyprop[ylene bin, or a good old 5 gallon bucket, or a glass container like a 10 or 20 gallon tank. When you start experimenting with plastics you're on your own. :D

I'm planning on storing RODI water as well as Saltwater.

If I put these in standard glass aquariums would I need to circulate them?

Would I need to cover the sides to prevent algae growth?

I'm planning on storing RODI water as well as Saltwater.

If I put these in standard glass aquariums would I need to circulate them?

Would I need to cover the sides to prevent algae growth?

You'll want to circulate the saltwater to keep it aerated and dissolve the salt anyway. RO/DI can be left unmixed. Just cover it. Algae growth depends on the ambient light level, but it can't hurt to cover or paint the sides.

You'll want to circulate the saltwater to keep it aerated and dissolve the salt anyway. RO/DI can be left unmixed. Just cover it. Algae growth depends on the ambient light level, but it can't hurt to cover or paint the sides.

Thank you very much wombat! :D

I feel like a pretty good grasp on how to correctly dose a tank now.

If you or anyone else would like to add something that wasn't already mentioned please do.

-Wizzy :happy:

Archived