Innovative Marine Aquariums

giesseman MH

pyrrhus

does anyone out there in nano land hve experience with these from what ive seen they are pretty top of the line 13k DE bulbs in a very nice pendant with an electronic ballast and a hammered reflector and UV shielded glass. would this be far too much for a 10g tank? i am keeping clams and moving into SPS and love the look and color of these pendants, very bright too any input is appreciated.

Undertheradar

I have one of those 13,000Ks in the 250watt...its supposed to be a little more blue in the 250 version, keep that in mind, but I really dig it's color.

I first heard about the bulb, and saw photos of it working, at reefcentral.com in the sponsor forums, where Giesemann has their own column...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdis...?s=&forumid=231

Thats where I would go. Another good bulb like this one is the Aqualine Buschke 10,000K, which is really a 13,000K (says it on the box even). I used one of these in a 70wattDE version...sweet coloration.

ReeferMonkey

There's a LFS in New Orleans who is an authorized distributor : Rick's Reef. He has six or seven of the Giesemann 150s over his show 220. That's almost $3000 worth of fixtures.

one of my LFS (Aquarium Arts) carries the giesseman pendants, they are pricey, but i get an industry discount i think the price is $469 retail for the 150w electronic ballast and its a really sweet looking piece of equipment. six or seven over a 220? good lord thats a lot of light my LFS had only 2 over his 220 and it was causing central bleaching in crocea clams 36" away from the lamps!!

Cellenzweig

I found out about the distributor. "Xenia North America" up here in Canada is the North American distributor. They may sell direct, but I'm not sure.

Archived