Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lfs

tinyreef

i just wanted to post an opinion on petswarehouse on long island, especially since i recommended/mentioned it on a prior post. i just happened to be in their area calling on a client and coincidentally : passed by (20 miles away).

i was pretty disappointed with what i saw. :o decent amount of tanks but poor specimens. ditto for the corals. zero on inverts.

i had just been to absolutely fish in nj and that was by far much better. (underwater world's still better though)

i just wanted to see if others had the same experience with them. maybe i caught them on a bad day (which should only mean empty tanks, sold specimens not poor specimens, imo).

sorry, yes. petswarehouse on sunrise highway.

their online store always has had a great selection but i guess it's all transshipped. another lfs bubble burst! (sigh)

satchmo, underwater world's in roselle, nj (tiny place, no pun intended)

PetSwarehouse is the store that sued a bunch of aquatic plant fanatics when they posted about the quality of customer service they received. The owner also sued the people running the board/list/whatever, as well as 'Jane and John Doe'. BTW, the store has received the Better Business Bureau's lowest possible rating. There, I think I'm safe from being sued. :angry:

Pet Warehouse, know Drs Foster & Smith, wisely changed their name to avoid confusion with the similarly-named store in NY.

Ive been to all these places. The only one Id even consider buying anything from is Global Marine Transshippers in Ramsey N.J. ... of couse I buy wholesale, so Im spoiled... heheh :P

BUT if I had to pick, Abs and Hidden would be a good choice fer retail establishments, also Ocean Aquarium in Atlantic City ( Plesantville) is nice too.

satchmo,

sorry i edited my post to answer your question instead of posting. dumbass that i am X) underwater world is in roselle, nj on westfield ave. about 2~3 miles from the gsp.

dave,

you should try UW. the guy's the best reefer i've seen. he's got wierd summer hours though. i mentioned before that he's the only place i know that stocks fama and other mags that openly push mail order/online drygoods. so you can tell this guy's not interested in that bs. he always has great looking specimens AND he does it all under vho's only! the only lfs i know that does that.

btw, how do you get to go into GMT? are you a wholesaler?

• 2 months later...

Has any body used pet barn on franklyn ave. on long island?

I was there today and the store was dirty and smelly but they had a large selectionof live stock. Being a newbie i really can not judge the quality and it seemed that the prices were a little high for the inverts.

The live rock looked very nice and was only 6$ per pound for nice fiji rock. Lots of purple and decent shapes.

Any comments on this store's live stock and live rock?

Archived