Parts:

12 Gal JBJ Nano

No Bioballs

No Ceramic media

No Stock lights

Rio 90 Powerhead

32 watt retrofit

50 watt heater in the back left chamber

3/4 watt moonlight that I keep on during the day (IMO waste of money -but cool!)

Props:

10-15 lbs of LR

1 Brain

1 Maroon Ritteri Anemone

10 mushrooms

1 patch of Zooanthid

2 Ricordea, 1 went behind the LR to die

Performers:

1 Blood Shrimp

3 Snails

1 Brittlestar

1 True Perc

2 Paired Rose Prawn Gobies

I've had the tank running for 4 months now, and I got the Ritteri in an exchange deal at my LFS.

It took about a week for the clown to host it... and it was pure luck. I was getting lazy with the top-off and the water level dropped to a level where the clown couldn't sleep on the top left vent. So he made his way down into the anemone.

I'd say do some research on the types of anemones... not just clown compatibility charts either! :)

Mine moved around a ton at first, and went to the top of the tank to do battle with another anemone I had, a Condy. So this weekend I traded the Condy for some harmless Zooanthid, and let the Ritteri be the king of the tank.

DitchPlains

Heya, I thinky ou might rember me from Reefcentral, anyways we both have the JBJ nano , yours looks stunning, check out my 96 watts retrofit ...woohoo. ok good luck and take care:)

spastic...get a closer pic of that anemone and i might be able to tell ya what it is. from the pic it doesnt look too much like a ritteri...maybe a bta? anywho, post a close up and maybe we can find out what it really is! =)

Archived