Coral Vue Hydros

Devil's 40 Breeder

devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate
It's finally up! I like what you did with the scape. If you look at old pictures of my 20, it looks like what I tried to do with mine but didn't have enough room to make it look how I wanted it. :lol:

thanks! yeah i tried to do the same thing. but like you there wasn't nearly enough space to do it.

Nice! Looks good!

thank you!

im very satisfied with the tank! i suppose lots of planing does actually help to make a good tank :D

also, do you guys think the mp10 and return is enough flow? or should i start saving for another mp10?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much gph do you have in the tank? I have ~2,000 and it's perfect for a mixed reef. I have super high flow and super low flow areas where everyone is happy. If you wanted more flow you might want to think about hiding a koralia 425 in your rock work. Unless you want all SPS I wouldn't think another mp10 would be the smartest choice.

devilsadvocate

well, i wanted to do a lot of montipora in this tank. perhaps i should just save up a little and get a used mp10. can i run 2 off one driver?

Monti's don't need a lot of super high flow, though. I have one doing wonderfully in an almost stagnant flow area. :lol: also, no idea on the mp10, I don't own one or really know much about them.

devilsadvocate
Use your RKL as a wavemaker instead of an mp10. :)

i honestly barely know how to use the damn thing. all the programming instructions are so vague its impossible to understand hahah

Monti's don't need a lot of super high flow, though. I have one doing wonderfully in an almost stagnant flow area. :lol: also, no idea on the mp10, I don't own one or really know much about them.

well, i read that if you give them crazy high flow, theyll grow in really cool patterns.

well, i read that if you give them crazy high flow, theyll grow in really cool patterns.

Depends on if their Plating or encrusting.

Plating will spiral and whatnot in moderate flow, Mine is starting to, I have 4 Monti's in my tank and each one is a bit different. ;)

devilsadvocate

i plan on getting all type. mostly plating and encrusting though. branching isnt really my cup of tea.

I have 2 plating, 3 encrusting and one Branching, so 5! LOL the branching one is very pretty, but I LOVE the plating and my super green Encrusting.

ive got a red and a purple plating, and 1 neon green encrusting, and one tyree sunset.

Nice! I have to get more colorful ones but I have nowhere to put them! :lol: Nice to be able to say that!

devilsadvocate
love your pictures!

where is your angel?

thanks squared! (:

i had an ich outbreak in my tank about 2 months ago, killed my angle, male clown, black clown, and clown goby. :tears:

Nice! I have to get more colorful ones but I have nowhere to put them! :lol: Nice to be able to say that!

one day ill be able to say that! :D

Definitely an improvement

Sumps are the only way to go

It will take some time to fill up the tank w/coral (monti's) but that's the fun part

:D

join the Acan Club

devilsadvocate
Definitely an improvement

Sumps are the only way to go

It will take some time to fill up the tank w/coral (monti's) but that's the fun part

:D

join the Acan Club

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
devilsadvocate

hey guise.

havent been real active in the last week. being that my grandfather had a massive stroke on the 1st.

after the doctors confirmed he was completely brain dead he was taken off life support and died 2 days later on the 7th of April. he was 65, he severed 3 tours in Vietnam, he was a great man, and my best friend.

devilsadvocate

yeah its really cool looking. its not as blue as the pictures. im glad i spent the extra money for it :D

Archived