inTank Media Baskets

My little piece of the ocean

CT nano reefer

Originally posted by cpreefguy

Ahhh...algae free....enjoy it while it lasts.

Two clowns in a brand new nano. The algae is coming like a freight train.

because the tank is new and you added 2 fish already, however i think if you get a good clean up crew and dont overfeed you should be fine

DitchPlains

:woot: :woot: Nice aquascape, good lux! Your at the best stage, adding corals, and figuring what and where your gonna get it cheapest...lol unless you got frags from a bigger tank. Take care. :)

CT nano reefer

thats aquacultured live rock from Gulf-view.. believe me when I tell you, thats how the rock looks when it arrives at your door!...I have roughly 90 pounds in my 65g. so I stole a couple of small chunks to put in the nano cube.. If you want rock thats full of life with tons of coralline and diffferent colors, get Gulf-view. I have tried TBS, I think Gulf-view is a little better price wise..

• 2 weeks later...
DitchPlains

I love the half completed stripe on that clown, looks Percula, but maybe its just a real bright Ocellaris. Anyways your rock looks like my rock did at the begining. Just remeber not all of that beautiful teal, orange, n pink coraline can survive in a nanocube type enviroment, under pc.'s I have 96 watts (http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=28662) and its not enough. Anyways, good luck with it, your aquascaping looks nice, lots of free space for the sand to filter. I am curious if your tank is just setup...why did you put an RBTA right away in there? That's a little premature. I would have suggested waiting atleast 3 months to get your tank established. It's going to be difficult to keep it completely healthy under stock lighting without constant feedings which will definately ruin the nice clean look going on. Just a few friendly words of advice. Your tank looks good and so does your RBTA but doubt those stock lights will do in the long run. You definately need a lighting upgrade. Ok take care:nerd:

• 2 weeks later...
CT nano reefer

It's hard to believe that it's been over 5 weeks now, and things are going alot better than I could have imagined ! For starters, I have purple and pink coralline algea starting to take off, on the back wall.. Thank you B-ionic! Then, I took out the RBTA and the pair of clowns that I had originally had in here, and put them in my 65g display tank. the smaller of the 2 clowns took to the anemone, so i decided that it should be in the big tank for all to see when I have visitors at my house. i replced them with a SI true perc, and a Diadema pseudochromis, which i think is the prettiest fish ever!..also added a frag of pumping Xenia, which the true perc now host's in, and a small carpet anemone. last week I added a small piece of frilly mushroom, and a frag of GSP..here are some updated pics..

000_0041.jpg[/img]

000_0043.jpg[/img]

000_0044.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived