ReefCleaners.org

Andy's 90 Gallon***1 Year Old***

Andynco

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a similar lighting setup on my 90 (nova extreme 6 bulb) and you can keep about anything you want, Light will sustain any LPS placed about anyplace in the tank but if you are going with some Acros or such, I suggest adding a little more rock to get closer to the top. I had a 75 prior with the same fixture on it and have a ton of SPS I went the midwater look like you are doing and dont get me wrong, the SPS grew just fine but the color sucked. Been about 2 weeks in the 90 and most of the SPS is less than 6 inches from the top and the color is now amazing ! I am using all ATI bulbs btw. U may get a little better penetration as I think the reflectors on the AQ fixture are a bit higher quality.

If you want, take a look at my 90 build and tell me what you think, maybe get some ideas.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3731067

Your tank looks great BTW !!!!

I have a similar lighting setup on my 90 (nova extreme 6 bulb) and you can keep about anything you want, Light will sustain any LPS placed about anyplace in the tank but if you are going with some Acros or such, I suggest adding a little more rock to get closer to the top. I had a 75 prior with the same fixture on it and have a ton of SPS I went the midwater look like you are doing and dont get me wrong, the SPS grew just fine but the color sucked. Been about 2 weeks in the 90 and most of the SPS is less than 6 inches from the top and the color is now amazing ! I am using all ATI bulbs btw. U may get a little better penetration as I think the reflectors on the AQ fixture are a bit higher quality.

If you want, take a look at my 90 build and tell me what you think, maybe get some ideas.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3731067

Your tank looks great BTW !!!!

my 90 is a big upgrade from a 14 biocube!

your tank is one of the best 90s out there!

one more thing my Ammonia is 0.1ppm is this ok to add fish cause i am pretty sure that it will be 0.0ppm be tomorrow?

add the fish i would add are my pair of clownfish or a watchman goby or maybe both i know slowdown!

if i put the clowns in the 90 now i can say bye bye to the biocube and say hello $150!

thanks so much

my 90 is a big upgrade from a 14 biocube!

your tank is one of the best 90s out there!

one more thing my Ammonia is 0.1ppm is this ok to add fish cause i am pretty sure that it will be 0.0ppm be tomorrow?

add the fish i would add are my pair of clownfish or a watchman goby or maybe both i know slowdown!

if i put the clowns in the 90 now i can say bye bye to the biocube and say hello $150!

thanks so much

Thanks much for the "one of the best 90's out there" comment ! Makes me feel awesome that someone actually thinks that !

Your fine ! Add some fish !!!! Clowns are hardy plus YOU HAVE 90g of water :D An ammonia spike would be gone before the fish knew there was an ammonia spike :D But you have to have fish in there sometime man, fish poop ! Every tank needs it ! So throw them in there and get your $150 on tomorow !!!!

Ok thanks

One problem i need to get a goby in the tank first cause some where in the tank is 1 inch if that banded pistol shrimp! I feed the tank make sure he gets food and haven't seen him in 3 days so lets hope hes alive

Do you think i can add watchman and the clowns?

Ok thanks

One problem i need to get a goby in the tank first cause some where in the tank is 1 inch if that banded pistol shrimp! I feed the tank make sure he gets food and haven't seen him in 3 days so lets hope hes alive

Do you think i can add watchman and the clowns?

Watchman would be fine ! Tired of the clicking huh ?

To put it mildly I really kind of filled my 90 with water and the rock structure to the left which was dry rock waited for it to clear up a day or two then added most of the LR from my 75 along with all they fish (15) and all the coral, nothing died or showed any signs of being pissed off ! I added a 60g treatment of Dr. Tim's just to be on the safe side tho :D

So you adding 3 smaller fish isnt going to hurt anything if your tank has cycled. Check ammonia in two days after adding, if its zero your safe to add another fish or two.

Watchman would be fine ! Tired of the clicking huh ?

To put it mildly I really kind of filled my 90 with water and the rock structure to the left which was dry rock waited for it to clear up a day or two then added most of the LR from my 75 along with all they fish (15) and all the coral, nothing died or showed any signs of being pissed off ! I added a 60g treatment of Dr. Tim's just to be on the safe side tho :D

So you adding 3 smaller fish isnt going to hurt anything if your tank has cycled. Check ammonia in two days after adding, if its zero your safe to add another fish or two.

Ya its cycled i let everything hit zero and ph8.1 and cal460

So i think i am ready

Hey guys,

I added my Pair of clownfish 2 day ago and i tested today and got

PH 8.1

Nitrate 5

Nitrite 0.1

Ammonia 0.1

Kh 6-7

I am thinking about adding a fish or two

I had a turbo snail die what should i do ?

So i went to the lfs and picked up a christmas wrasse not thinking about my pistol shrimp hopefully my wrasse wont like my shrimp! What do you guys think? Hes three inches or so.

And i got a banggai cardinalfish!

I have never had a wrasse so I cant help you there, Bangaii Cardinals are nice fish, hardy so you should be fine there. :)

Hey nick,

Thanks for the help and sticking around!

I will throw some pics up tonight

Today after i was done with my lacrosse game i went by the lfs and picked up a

Purple firefish

Fire shrimp

Corals

A nice mixed Zoa rock

Gsp

A head of green candy cane

last sunday i was up in colorado springs and went by i couple of the fish stores and found a bubble coral for cheap so i got!

today i went to the lfs and picked up 6 scarlet hermits and got my first sps a montipora!!

1 week from tomorrow reefstock denver!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to reefstock it was amazing and fun

Tomorrow i am going to go pick up my finds i got rainbow bubble tip anomone and a green brain coral and maybe more right now i need some help from you guys how to protect my bta from my hydor 1400 powerheads any ideas? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday I upgraded the cuc i got 3 turbos and 6 astraea snails.

today I tested my water and everything was good but my ammonia was in between 0.0 and 0.1 if it was 0.1 thats nothing in 90 gallons of water so I went to my LFS and picked up a baby sailfin tang and a coral beauty angel helpful not a coral eater I will post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

the coral beauty got scraped up and some fungus growing all in his gills! so the LFS took him back and i got a kole tang!

the coral beauty got scraped up and some fungus growing all in his gills! so the LFS took him back and i got a kole tang!

Nice choice on the kole tang,I have one waiting to go into my tank once it's set up.

Archived