inTank Media Baskets

Back in buisness 72 gallon LED project

gjones

have you seen my video?

with 20 leds (12 blue, 8 white) I have full coverage across the entire tank at the bottom & 6-8" up the glass. From there, you can see the darkened spots in the water.

Mind you think fixture wasnt built for this tank (built for a 20 long). But i feel as tho it will work well, keeping macros & a few softies here & there

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. Mine will require an extra driver as well. I've been looking at different drivers, thinking about wiring in parallel, etc, etc.

At this point, I'm just bout ready to get the darn kit with an extra driver wire it up like I have it laid out and quit over thinking the build ... lol

Again, good luck on your project.

Yea, I plan on ordering sometime in the next week. Just want to get it over with lol. Going to try to put together a system with aquastyle, see whet drivers and how many he suggests for what I want to do. Thanks and good luck to you as well.

have you seen my video?

with 20 leds (12 blue, 8 white) I have full coverage across the entire tank at the bottom & 6-8" up the glass. From there, you can see the darkened spots in the water.

Mind you think fixture wasnt built for this tank (built for a 20 long). But i feel as tho it will work well, keeping macros & a few softies here & there

Yea, I like your setup. I want lots of light, want the tank to be saturated in it. In a few years I may upgrade the tank size, and I can dim the lights if they are too bright, gotta love that. I like things that require lots of light, and I'd like to have some nice sps.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a brute 33gal "garbage" can for mixing water, and for now soaking my old dry dead rock that has moss growing on it for several weeks until all is clean. I may order my LED's so I can build the light sometime during chemo, but I'll have to see how I'm feeling. I would like to have the tank up with water in it LR and the light mounted by the end of the month, but that's just not realistic. Now If I get it done by the time I'm done with chemo I'll be happy, so I have 9 weeks.

Good luck with the chemo.

Relaxing infront of a filled tank (fish or not) can be quite calming. I do it everyday when i get home from work; twice. Once in the living room (72 bow) then in the bedroom where my 5g pico resides.

Good luck with the chemo.

Relaxing infront of a filled tank (fish or not) can be quite calming. I do it everyday when i get home from work; twice. Once in the living room (72 bow) then in the bedroom where my 5g pico resides.

Thanks, first day today went off without a hitch.

3a711f3e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Light ideas

1ea1973c.jpg

I am going with this design, bottom drawing, but switching the 45k's and 65k's in the process of ordering :)

Also will be using aircraft grade aluminum rectangular "tubing" for my heatsink with two 3" fans cut into the top. I will post pics when I get the parts.

Got my MP40 in the mail, thing is sweet. And...

9bd537d1.jpg

307a3a30.jpg

my water is wet!!! base rock is in!

21343752.jpg

But my head is bald :(

My lights from aquastyles are "awaiting shipment" so once those get here I'll take a road trip to premium aquatics because their live rock is awesome, customer service is awesome, and I'd like to pick my rock from their "pools" again. Anyone who needs LR and is within driving distance to Indy should look into it. Highly recommend them.

Man, I used to have that exact same skimmer. The one on your main tank.

Say, do you have enough room in that sump in case of a power failure? It looks pretty darn full.

Don't sweat the hair ... it'll grow back. Heck, ya might even like the "clean" look ...lol

Man, I used to have that exact same skimmer. The one on your main tank.

Say, do you have enough room in that sump in case of a power failure? It looks pretty darn full.

Don't sweat the hair ... it'll grow back. Heck, ya might even like the "clean" look ...lol

The remora is a pretty good skimmer. I like it better than the prizm I have in the sump, that one needs daily adjustment. And about the water level, yes I have enough room. Tested it like 8 times just to make sure I wouldnt have any issues, it only goes up about a half inch from where it is highest in the pic. I'm not worried about growing it back, its just weird to feel the wind on my scalp lol.

So stocking... its still semi far away but I've been thinking about it.

I'd like to get

3 bartlett's anthias

1 scarlet pin stripe wrasse

1 or 2 red or blue mandarins

and maybe a pair of clowns

8 fish, is that too much? the largest of these will be the mandarins at 4 inches. If its too much, maybe a goby instead of the clowns, and only one mandarin. but I think 8 should be fine

LED's showed up today! hoping to have my light built this weekend! Then next weekend I might go get my LR, depending on how tired I am and If i can convince a driver.

Sweet. Take a pause for the cause during your build and post "in progress".

I'm sure it's gonna be awesome.

So stocking... its still semi far away but I've been thinking about it.

I'd like to get

3 bartlett's anthias

1 scarlet pin stripe wrasse

1 or 2 red or blue mandarins

and maybe a pair of clowns

8 fish, is that too much? the largest of these will be the mandarins at 4 inches. If its too much, maybe a goby instead of the clowns, and only one mandarin. but I think 8 should be fine

Anthias generally need to be fed multiple times a day. Which is what steered me away.

Otherwise 8 fish is not a problem. I'm already at 8 fish. Have another 3 types to go.

Slow start on the light, but pics with progress.

8b67a272.jpg

Got the fan holes cut in my heatsink, and epoxied some aluminum angle inside it for added surface area and strength to drill through.

I have no problem feeding a few times a day. Just have to finish the LED's first! then everything is smooth sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can have more, I just have to do some work lol. My health took a bit of a turn and I put everything on hold for a bit but should have some updates soon. And now I'm moving in a month or so, which sucks but atleast I didnt get too far into setup so it wont be such a beetch to relocate.

Yes, you can have more, I just have to do some work lol. My health took a bit of a turn and I put everything on hold for a bit but should have some updates soon. And now I'm moving in a month or so, which sucks but atleast I didnt get too far into setup so it wont be such a beetch to relocate.

hope everything works out.

Archived