Cultivated Reef

Aqua Medic Yasha - NPS nano reef

Arcus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always enjoy pics of you tank!!

Thanks! I hope that black and red tubastrea will open soon so I can put full tank shoot!

Unfortunately I cant find any NPS gorgonia to put in tank.

Seems that my corals like daylight more than leds, I will test it in future few days. ;)

Dendronephthya is acting very unpredictable; sometimes if totally shrunken and lie down on sand or other corals and sometimes its fully puffed up! In ten minutes it change its form :o

Red dendro is just opened fora a bit. Hope it will form heads like yellow dendro! Black dendro is in tank for a month and now is showing polyps, still not fully opened.

Guys, these corals are tricky and sometimes frustrating, I don't know what force them to change its shape and what to do to make them fully opened! Im constantly adding food in tank, several types of food (AquaMedic plancto, FM food pallet for NPS corals, frozen lobster eggs and other frozen food...). In next few days I will experiment with light, maybe this 3W is still to much for this corals. I will make some experiments with daylight!

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely looking tank and exactly what I've got in mind!

Just got my yasha and was looking around for nps only tanks, came across yours and it's exactly what I had in mind (I got the main idea from the illustration on the aqua medic box lol )

The one thing I was looking at was changing the x3 lights, I came across some blues but there 4w? Any chance of a link to the ones you got of eBay? Might try one only?

I'll be keeping a very close eye on your tank now mate, oh and A* on the scape looks mint!

• 1 month later...

Looks great. I'm Looking forward to seeing this longer term. I have been thinking about an NPS tank for a while.

New addition are two tube anemones... Here is one of them... Other one is orange.

I'm struggling with tubastreas. Chilli is doing great!

You have some great collection there.

I keep almost the same livestock, they are thriving for almost a year now. I spot feed everyday, and keep the skimmer working two days a week. I love my dendros!

Just keep an eye on your ph. Mine don't open up when ph is below 7.8.

You have some great collection there.

I keep almost the same livestock, they are thriving for almost a year now. I spot feed everyday, and keep the skimmer working two days a week. I love my dendros!

Just keep an eye on your ph. Mine don't open up when ph is below 7.8.

Why you keep skimer working for two days a week? Why not full time?

With what you are feeding your corals?

Do you have red and black dendro also? What do you think, which one is most challenging?

• 3 weeks later...
africaturtle

Nice set up you have there.

How do you (your corals) like your lights? Did you upgrade?

can you post a FTS (front tank shot)?

cheers

Archived