Coral Vue Hydros

What light timer to buy ???

pos_user

hey guys...

I need your opinions on what Automatic timer to buy for my new 96w power quad. I want to have it on from 3pm - 1am...but I cant find a decent timer that has a 3 prong connector. Is there some type of connection that will take my 3 prong, then on the other side..it turns to 2 connections so i can fit it into the light timer. (confusing, i know) Or is there a timer out there that will take a 3 prong connection. thank in advance guys.

OxInYourBox

Digital timer at lowes, home depot, or evil empire WalMart. Costs anywhere from $12-$20 but it's grounded and won't lose time like a mechanical will.

You can also go to home despot (or other home supplies store) and get a converter (3 prong > 2 prong). It has a terminal ring where you can connect a ground lead, that you can hook up to a ground.

Good Luck!

-q

Originally posted by qfour20

You can also go to home despot (or other home supplies store) and get a converter (3 prong > 2 prong).  It has a terminal ring where you can connect a ground lead, that you can hook up to a ground.

Good Luck!

-q

About $9.00.

Please keep everything over, near and around you tank properly grounded. 3>2 prong converters unground whatever is connected to them (Unless you put a screw through the little fork that pokes out). Apppliance timers are a much better idea, they are designed to handle the surge at the on-time far better than the $3 units.

Archived