Top Shelf Aquatics

HOB cheapo fuge

nano_j

I want to take a Penguin filter and put LS and LR rubble in it. I don't have enough room to put lighting on it, so no macro is going to be growing. I just want for bio filtration. Will this be more harmful than doing good? My tank specs are: 18 gallon, Penguin 125, 2x 18w pc(1 10K, 1 actinic), 7 lbs LR (so far), 20 lbs LS. It has only been setup for two weeks so no livestock yet. Powerheads will be added Friday on payday. Any suggestion on powerheads also?

spongebillyboi

putting tubing connected to a spray bar will increase current all around. i use a ehiem canister 2213 but you can a separate spray bar and attach it to a PH with tubing to create nice currents. ie. bar with a verticle line of holes to produce current throughout the length of the tank

Just thought I would let you know... I plan on using my old Penguin 400 filter as a refuge without bio-wheel and sponges of course! It will be for my 20 galllon long! My heater fits in it nicely and so will some live sand and rubble. I also found a neat light that I had lying around that will fit on top of it to grow some macro. I will probably cut some acrylic to fit on top of the thing. I will post about it sometime for sure, it will be awhile though! O by the way, it holds a little more than one gallon.

-Grant

REEF ON!

Archived