Coral Vue Hydros

13w PC bulb Sockets??

leslr

Hi FinSeekers.

Anyone have a link where i could get just the type "GX23" bulb sockets to fit the 13w-PC bulbs ????. I've managed to track down a ballast that will power 4 of the bulbs at the same time but now need the sockets. AHS has them ,but only sells them with the 13w kits. Hellolights the same thing.

Thks.

leslr

A lot of general-purpose lighting companies make GX23 fixtures. Have you checked with a local lighting store? If nothing else, they can probably special-order.

Wrong!! I called and E-mailed AHS and the word from KIM BRYANT at AHS, with regards to DIY projects is"Quote-We do not Sell parts separately ie: Bulb sockets or vent caps. Unquote"

So my search continues.

leslr

Grainger's rep in my neck of the woods dosn't have the Horizontal Screw-Down version of the GX23 sockets I need but is willing to "special order" some for me for =$20.can each. Ya Right.

HarringtonLights said they only carry the snap-in versions. And to special order + add in everything else (dutys,shipping )I would have to put a second mortgage on my house.

So my quest goes on.!!!!!!!!

leslr.

Have you tried Home Depot or Lowe's? I was looking around there yesterday, and my local store stocks GX-23 type bulbs, but I didn't specifically look for the sockets...

when I am able to I will check with my companies rep at grainger and see what the availability and our pricing of the items you are looking for. If it is something far cheaper than what you can get, I would be able to ups them to you with the freight collect (where I work we do alot of shipping to canada).

• 3 weeks later...

hey im thinking of doing the same for my nano, I want to get a ballast and conect 4 of those conectors to it to be able to place 4 13 watt pc lights, Anyone has an idea of how to do this , what are the parts i need ??

Thanks

use either a Falham WorkHorse 33 or a LongHorse 3 Ballast. They will power 4-13w pc bulbs. The only difference between them is one is a remote ballast.The Web site has a wiring hookup to follow also.

http://www.fulham.com/

leslr

oh ya and of course the elusive sockets.

Archived