Pod Your Reef

Anybody use ATO from AutoTopoff.com?

nye15

I'm looking into different ATO solutions and came across AutoTopoff.com. Anybody have experience using this product care to give a review? It looks pretty legit and the price seems fairly reasonable. Thanks for your comments!

I'm looking into different ATO solutions and came across AutoTopoff.com. Anybody have experience using this product care to give a review? It looks pretty legit and the price seems fairly reasonable. Thanks for your comments!

I have the dual float steup from them. I have had it for about 2 years and never had an issue with its performance. I did however get a chance to test the upper emergency float switch. I accidentally knocked the lower float off of the mount and didnt notice. About 3 hours later I went back into the stand and it was full to the top, the emergency float cut off the ATO pump before it ruined my wood floors. (needless to say, my tank duties were far from over that day)

I give it a thumbs up.

Ive been using one for 5 years, works flawlessly set it and forget it. I have the single switch on a biocube 14. It does the job and it very good value

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the single and it works great. 2 years no problem. Getting ready to buy another one. Since my new tank will be on the second floor I am getting the double. If you have a sump get the dual. If not sump and space is limited the single.

• 4 weeks later...

Bad customer service...I ordered on the 4th single top off just got a email today that they are closed for the week...will reopen nextweek...Could have said this on the websight or during the order process...Never again for me...

Bad customer service...I ordered on the 4th single top off just got a email today that they are closed for the week...will reopen nextweek...Could have said this on the websight or during the order process...Never again for me...

It's a business run by a single guy, who i bet has a day job and plenty of other responsibilities. Sorry this happened, but you have to understand you're paying for a very reliable inexpensive switch. For the money you can't do better.

So let me get this right..

You're upset because the company is closed for a week? It doesn't matter than they sent you an email to keep you informed?

People have some crazy expectations. You get great prices because these hobbyist ran 'companies' are ran lean. If you want daily website updates and more staff it's going to be reflected in the price.

So let me get this right..

You're upset because the company is closed for a week? It doesn't matter than they sent you an email to keep you informed?

People have some crazy expectations. You get great prices because these hobbyist ran 'companies' are ran lean. If you want daily website updates and more staff it's going to be reflected in the price.

After 5 days is rediculous no matter what you say..1 person or half a person..doesnt matter..I expect better..

I have their dual switch topoff.Has been working flawlessly for the last 4 years.

Best price, great quality.. will buy again without a doubt.

IMHO : dual switch from AutoTopoff.com + aqualifter pump = best cheap and reliable top off system

I was on their site today and it clearly stated that they are closed until tomorrow. I still had a couple of replies from them to my emails regarding ordering options.

I know it can be disappointing when you order something cool and you are excited for it to arrive and then you find out there's a delay.

I have the dual sump setup, love it...

How can you complain about bad customer service when they sent you an email to inform you they were closed? At least he didn't just leave you wondering with no email at all!

I ordered my ATO from them recently as well, they said it will take a week to ship out. Had I known that before I would have spent a bit more and ordered elsewhere.

If someone wants to complain about that they can complain. OP asked for feedback, just because its not all praise don't flame others with different opinions.

@ MetaTank It could've been stated before purchase was made, not after.

Yes, waiting a week + just for a product to ship is a hassle. Whether its a 1 man show or not.

If someone wants to complain about that they can complain. OP asked for feedback, just because its not all praise don't flame others with different opinions.

I didn't flame anyone.

This is the Product Reviews section.. The impatient guy doesn't have experience with the product. The OP specifically asked about reviews on the top off units. That's why I found the comment a little off topic. Easy as that.

• 1 month later...

I had the dual switch for about 2 years. It worked well enough, but the relay switch (IMO) was pretty loud, and it finally died.. Not saying that it's a bad setup, but there are better ones out there.

I currently use the Avast Marine Works ATO which uses a pressure sensor and a magnet. It's essentially silent and I'm very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived