SaltCritters.com

can you review JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Advanced Aquarium with LED Lighting

reefsahoy

I know that I haven't had it for very long, but i absolutely LOVE mine. I skipped the stock skimmer and went with the Aqua Maxx HOB-1.. (the tubes need to be modded slightly to allow for the lid, but it works great!! (judging by what I have to clean out of it) I have it hooked into my lighting system. I purchased the Aqualight power center (manual timers) and have the skimmer hooked in to run with the moonlight lights..

My LFS recommended that I skip the ceramic rings and the stock charcoal and go with Pura Complete as well.

I have no trouble with water temps either due to the combination of the LED lights and the quad cooling fan setup

Couldn't be happier and am looking forward to the many years of satisfaction that this is going to bring.

• 3 weeks later...
I know that I haven't had it for very long, but i absolutely LOVE mine. I skipped the stock skimmer and went with the Aqua Maxx HOB-1.. (the tubes need to be modded slightly to allow for the lid, but it works great!! (judging by what I have to clean out of it) I have it hooked into my lighting system. I purchased the Aqualight power center (manual timers) and have the skimmer hooked in to run with the moonlight lights..

My LFS recommended that I skip the ceramic rings and the stock charcoal and go with Pura Complete as well.

I have no trouble with water temps either due to the combination of the LED lights and the quad cooling fan setup

Couldn't be happier and am looking forward to the many years of satisfaction that this is going to bring.

Hello,

I just install Aqua Maxx HOB-1 and noticed that sound of outlet water is pretty loud. How did you mitigate that. I heard some people inserted below an outlet a sponge from the standard JBJ media basket.

Appreciate your input.

What I did was to take the black sponge that goes in the pump section and raise it up about 2 inches. That way it folds over the top of the pump outlet and quiets down the outlet of the skimmer.

One other thing that I am thinking about doing is to extend the inlet pipe on the skimmer. It seems that if the water level is just a little bit low, it sucks out water faster than the overflow can make it up. By extending the inlet pipe, I am hoping to keep the end under more water.

Archived