Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze 6015 vs Koralia evo 750

05XRunner

So I had in my tank a Evo 750 and 2 nano 435 koralia pumps..they are in a 30Breeder that is 30x18x12

I am replacing them with Tunze 6015..I Just got my Tunze 6015 in the mail..I know they say they are 460gph only a tad more then the K nano425..this Tunze is pushing around as much water and further for more overall flow int he tank then my 750 did..and the nano 425 pumps look like they dont even do anything..so i am ordering a 2nd one to replace the 2 nano pumps..I am totally surprised how much water it pushes out for its rated gph..I also love the way you can position them.

tunze pumps are able to throw their flow longer than other pumps. they arent as wide spread as pumps like the mp40s or koralias. maybe thats why it seems like they can throw more flow around.

there is over all more flow I can see going on by things moving around the tank with just that tunze replacing the 750 then before.

• 3 weeks later...
whisnantrider

Would you be able to put up a size comparison photo of the nanos and the 6015? I'm trying to decide on which to go with. Or at least a discription, I have tried searching the web for comparison pics but no luck.

i dont have my nanos any more I sold them..The Tunze are bigger but not ALOT bigger..they are smaller then the 750 which is the same size as the 550. they are more compact and dont stick as far out into the tank since they are round..i would say they are about the size of a tennis ball..and stick 1" off the glass from the magnet.

glad to hear i am going to make the switch real soon, if the 6015 pushes that much i wonder how much the 6045 one pushes... im also in the market to replace my 750

you can get the 6015 then do the mod on the impeller housing for alot more flow..you just cut out the one blocker in there and it pulls in alot more water..so you can get like 6025 power while only paying for the 6015

whisnantrider

Cool deal. Looks like I may have made up my mind on the 6015 instead of the others I considered. Gotta have something to match the new Tunze 9002 right?

i have always had Koralias in the past and Vortechs..but I wont ever buy anymore Koralias now that i got a taste of the tunze

Archived