Cultivated Reef

Economical way to fill a 75 w/20 gallon Sump with water

Emisis

I have a RO/DI system 90g/day, which means it will take quite some time to fill my system. Should I just go buy a good quantity to get it started and finish it off with my own?

I have a RO/DI system 90g/day, which means it will take quite some time to fill my system. Should I just go buy a good quantity to get it started and finish it off with my own?

just have ur rodi pump the water right into the tank overnight.or get a brute trashcan and make the water there, then pump into tank..

the brute trashcan is a good way to do water changes too.. i have a 70 gal with 20 gal sump and WC's are easy with the trashcan.

PM if u want more info

just have ur rodi pump the water right into the tank overnight.or get a brute trashcan and make the water there, then pump into tank..

the brute trashcan is a good way to do water changes too.. i have a 70 gal with 20 gal sump and WC's are easy with the trashcan.

PM if u want more info

Well it was really a DUH moment for me on this one :huh: Thanks for the reply!!! I think Im going to go with a brute and make the water/salt in there and then transfer to the tank.

Well it was really a DUH moment for me on this one :huh: Thanks for the reply!!! I think Im going to go with a brute and make the water/salt in there and then transfer to the tank.

Yup go to lowes or homodepot ;) and get the trashcan and some 1/2 inch tubing And a maxi jet (obvisiously at LFS not at lowes lol)and you are set!

redwhiteandblue

you could always use a submersible pump from lowes and a garden hose if your trashcans are nowhere near your tank. i have a submersible i need to clean out and i will be set for an easy water change!

Well I bought 2 trash cans, rinsed them out and hauled all the water up the stairs because the RO unit is the basement. Needless to say I accomplished it :happy: Thanks for the replies!! Its cycling nicely right now.

Archived