Innovative Marine Aquariums

ESPI 37 gallon 4/1/04

Armadildo

Originally posted by Arma#####

bah. I find it funny.  

Aparently people are "mindset" in what looks good thesedays what with all the pictures of pristine Dutch minireef pics.

Anyone who has seen it in person knows it is indeed a "nifty tank" ;)

oh, and Just for giggles, I tested my stuff across the board wiht every Salifert test kit on the market... AND then borrowed a friends LAMOTE kits....  

results from both : NOMINAL and DEAD ON THE MONEY.

thats fairly l337 in my world ;)

maybee this tank is more of what somepeople are looking for.....

acrotank.jpg

10 grand 75 gallon tank. sorry, TOTALY UNREALISTIC, and I can  no longer afford to have a "car" sitting in my living room :D

THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE AIMED FOR.  

As biotopes.  

http://www.paticat.com/underwater/

Thats bigger than a 75g isnt it?

Anyway, I like the natural look and the "fake like pamela lee's D cup" look too. Dave's look is a little more realistic when you consider the reefs of the sea. Most people go for the brightly colored pink and purple look since its "pretty"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by skylsdale

Except for that perfectly level shelf of rock toward the top.  Pet peeve.

Eh.. Not that big of a deal. Id like to see that tank in person. Its probably filled with thousands of tiny life forms that I havent even seen yet. :

Dave,

Where the hell did you get fire coral from?

noonan... it was a hitchhiker on some live rock I saw in a lfs. I knew what it was, and snagged the rock.

I'm going to frag some soon :)

Originally posted by Arma#####

noonan... it was a hitchhiker on some live rock I saw in a lfs. I knew what it was, and snagged the rock.

I'm going to frag some soon :)

I might be interested.. I gotta find out more about it.

How do you reaquascape without getting a nasty burn? :P

I once had a 37tall FO it was great becouse it was very showy i miss the tank still today becouse it filled up alot of the wall....

It's nice to see your tank i like the idea of trying to recreate something even if it is modified for your own pleasure...the cavey rocks structure is something i like.....

for your pics try adjusting the exposure to prevent the pics from washing out....and keep posting em

Mattie, the 250 MH is the cause of the "wash". It is soooooooo damn bright in there, that I don't use any other lights in my living room, and since it is near the window.. it acts like a "porch light" and street lamp out front my house when I have the shades up :D

As to how I aquascape.....

The tank hasn't changed much in 3 years. Just a few frags here and there, and the occasional "flipping" of snails and glass cleaning. I have tagged mself a few times on the back of the hand while cleaning the glass. After a while... It doesn't bother me.. I have become one with the corals, in spirit and body......... :D

As to teh " flat rock" in the top left... It actualy was angled, but I had some digging going on a few months ago, and it shifted to now be flat. Its still nice having a flat area though for frag propigation..... provided Miss Queen ***** Clown doesnt move the frags to her pleasing ( usualy to the bottom of the tank LOL)

• 3 years later...

It has been quite some time since I posted around here, but I figure a SUSTAINED LONGJEVITY post was in order.

I had a heat wave wipe out 85% of my tank about 2 years ago, and I managed to save as much as I could.

Keeping in mind, Reefs are constantly evolving and ever changing, this is what my tank is at present moment.

2004629662590258617_rs.jpg

I'm fairly certain there is not many people who can say they have 10 year old reef tanks still running.

I still have the same mated pair of breeding tomato clowns, and a few colonies of corals since day one in this tank.

I took these pics today.

I've let the tank evolve naturaly, and really keep my hands out of it. I have gone 9 months without a major waterchange, and all the levels and test came out within normal ranges.

I prune out Anthelia once every 2 months, and sell the frags on rock to friends, and occasionaly I replace some the frag rocks with new seasoned pieces from my other tank.

2004606018154807666_rs.jpg

2004627864024799036_rs.jpg

2004670361830059321_rs.jpg

While it is not " as diverse" as some peoples tanks at present moment, it is as it would appear if you were diving in an ocean on a patch reef.

The Enjoyment is still the same, and it actualy is a lot less stressfull not having to worry about it as it is self sustaining.

I still am running it with a plennumn, live rock, 2 powerheads, Queen Skimmer, and a HOB biowheel filter that has chemipure and Phosguard in a mesh bag.

I dose rarely with ESV B-ionic, and Lougolis. I use Marc Weis Reef DNA (Coral vital) and occasionaly Marine Snow or feed the tank some home made reef slurry of chopped up seafoods.

Cheers,

DaveESPI-

Well, she will be 15 next month you sick perveted F*&%...

Can I get a Witness.... and Jury...

You've got... Pedophillia!

: ;) :-O :andanyotherdumba$$smiliesyoumayenjoy:

finally she's legal. can we have pictures now. ;) (jfwy)

The clowns are still humping like mad !

......a camel ... or something sexy..... O0

....word yo.

2004015178669836685_rs.jpg

http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/45218/200...09708058_rs.jpg

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/45545/200...99406088_rs.jpg

http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/47700/200...62016332_rs.jpg

Nice to see some old faces(screennames) still floating around in this sump we call Nano-reef :D

• 1 month later...

Archived