Pod Your Reef

aquascaping nightmare

Crakeur

well, my refugium arrived and tonight I have to set it up. I noticed that the intake and return pipes will not fit in the tank as it is so I will have to take out and re'scape' the tank. The large rock pieces (thanks to the kid that picked them out - dope) make this difficult enought but to add to the misery, I have ricordia, leather and other polyps growing in the worst possible places. This means I will be sweating, cursing and crying for a few hours tonight. Not looking for feedback on this, just some moral support as it drives me insane.

On the bright side, I can finally get to all the little baby shrooms that have drifted off to the back of the tank.

Gah, I might even work late to avoid this.

I can understand the frustration.

When I had an epidemic of flatworms in my tank, I pulled the tank down except for the sand and cleaned everything.

My previous rockwork was gone.

But I did manage to smash thier population and now its all under control.

I just need to siphone a few of them during water change each week, and they seem to be getting less and less.

Reefing doesnt come easy. The hard work, expense, frustration, nightmares during initial setup, stress etc etc etc will pay off in the end when you have a beautiful piece of the ocean--your own creation right there in your room.

And you'll be glad you went through all that. You'll know it was well worth it.

So hang in there dude.

Post some pics when its all done.

I'll be taking pics once I get the tank re-set and everything is back to normal.

I have always hated adding to the tanks. Always a problem getting things put in after the fact. Gah, I hate it but it's worth it.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR !.................

Someone else.

its a Bird, Its a Plane, NO ITS ....

DUNT DA DA DAEEEAHHHHH ! its Stupor Reever !

Kinda like super man, but I only have Asthetic coral Placement vision ! and a super suction action that siphons tanks in no tine at all ! of course I dont do this for the good of humanity or salvasion of little mindless animals..... its for the MONEY ! (echo) MONEY ! (echo) ONNNEEYYY !(echo) ONNNN........EEEE E E .

yeah 40.00 an hour.. I coud tell ya how to do it easily :woot:

But Im a Vengefull Stuper Anti-Hero... so I want to sit back with a Brewski and watch Hawai Freeken 5 Oh Crakeur make me laugh.......:D

Archived