Top Shelf Aquatics

Acans and Polys Have Issues, but others are fine.

pufferboy

I am having some issues. Any Polys that I place in the tank will not open. They seem healthy, but nothing. I also have placed Acans and Candy. One Acan has bit the dusty, the Candy is starting to go. However, I health healthy and growing Xenia and Rics. Any ideas?

Two things...

1 you are posting the wrong section and you probably should ask a mod to move this thread for you.

2 you are not going to be able to get any help without specifics. Water parameters, age of the tank, lighting, temps...etc.

Good luck - hope you figure out what's going on

Alpha Aquaculture

Try and cut your acans apart. While cutting them up inspect very carefully for worms. Acan worms are not very understood in this hobby but they are a big reason why acans do not survive in captivity. If you don't find any there is still the possibility that they might be living in the surrounding rocks. There are very few other things that can cause an acan to do poorly, especially if your other corals are doing well. Worst case scenario you don't find any worms and your acans are now fragged up. The process of fragging acans I find to generally be a healthy thing for them. In many situations where an acan will die, fragging will save them.

Archived