SaltCritters.com

I need a little help on ballast wiring!

jmt

Ok... here's the deal. When hooking up a ballast, you have a white and black wire that you would hook up to a cord and plug into the wall. Now, by this picture, which prong is for the black wire and which prong is for the white wire? My original thought is that the bigger prong (left) was for the black wire, and the smaller prong (right) was for the white wire. Can I get a confirmation on this? I want to be 100% sure when I get things up and running.

Thanks.

-Justin

Ok, nevermidn this post unless you are wondering the same thing. The wider side (left) is for the white wire and the skinny side (right) is for the black wire.

-Justin

PS - Thanks Cham. :)

i would use BEEFier gauge wire ...use a personal computer black power wire. plus the 3 wires inside are colored: black, white and green (earth) .....your not using ground??

The ballasted is grounded. That's actually the cord that goes to my fan. I was just using it for reference.

-Justin

Originally posted by KrackerG

i would use BEEFier gauge wire ...use a personal computer black power wire.  plus the 3 wires inside are colored: black, white and green (earth) .....your not using ground??

I like that computer power wire! If you wire it right, you have an easy disconnect to the bulb too.

Mike

Archived