Cultivated Reef

Nano-Reef at 5 Months....

Acoustic

It is still doing well and going strong. This paycheck I picked up a fantastic ricordia from a local reefer.

Living Room Side

---------------------

Stats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lighting - Dual 32 watt Power Compacts (1) 10k and (1) Acintic

Filtration - Prizm Skimmer with a bag of carbon

- 15 lbs live rock and 20 lbs black calcite sand

Other - Rio 90 powerhead and Tronic 50 watt heater

Cleanup Crew - (1) Turbo Snail, (1) Cerith Snail, (1) Zebra Hermie, (1) Fighting Conch, (1) Astrea Snail, (3) Nessarius Snails

YEAH!!!! Thanks 'Koos... How much sand do you have to replace a month? I remember you saying thru vaccuming, you lost a little here and there....

Funny, I was just about to make mention of the 'black sand' and inquire if there is any marked difference between it, and the sugary stuff with regard to algae.

Excellent feng-shui there Acoustic. Seriously. Looks like bonsai under glass. Like that you have unhindered view from either side.

I vacuum once a week as part of my water change regiment to keep it really clean. I only lose about two table spoons. I know that one day in like a year or two I will have to buy some more sand.

Thanks for the compliments.

Boomerblaster

OMG! Your tank is my absolute FAVORTIE! It is so unique, really artsy looking, like you painted the colors on yourself! You sure have some nice shrooms as well. Would you be interested in selling some?

-JOnathan

I will have to admit that I was not too keen on the black sand at first, but you are really making it work man.

The tank looks great, and the orange and black contrast is awesome.

In 5 months I have reproduced one shroom. The blues really don't like this much light. They try to slink into the shadows.

Archived