inTank Media Baskets

Hiya, and is this possible?

Rave-

Hi, I've been on these forums before, I've posted a topic before, I once had a 5.5 G, I gave up on that and never came back on these forums (Forgot about them), but now I'm back, Not with my 5.5 G, that is being used for 2 Fire Belly Japaneese Newts, and a Fire Belly Frog. Now, I'm back with a complicated 4 Gallon.

I know, this is an unusual size, and ALOT of things will need to be custom, and modded. I'm up to it, I think I can do it, and I'll love it. I love tinkering with things. Anyways, I've already made the modification on the frame on the top so a Millenium 2000 filter can fit on the back. I modded the filter a tiny bit (Its a hand me down, it was on a different tank of my step fathers) so it would fit. So, 2 things down. Now, one of the bigger issues, I need a hood, a hood that can fit the filter, and that will fit a 4 gallon, and I need the ability to have my lights. So, my first thought, went right to my Newt Tank, a Mesh Hoodie. I know I can't have a metal mesh hoodie, so I figured "It's Plastic Time!".

I know I can easily make the hoodie myself, with the supplies. I already have the measurements, For the Left and Right parts of the hoodie they need to be 10.4 inches, and for the front of the hoodie it needs to be 10.13 inches. I'm going to take some plastic mesh, and I'm going to use the hard plastic staples, or some hard plastic nails, and I'm going to hook it up that way, the back won't have wood, because I need to be able to roll back some of the mesh so my filter can fit. Anyways, I wanted to know if it's possible to have a thing enough plastic mesh hoodie, that lights can get through?!?!

There isn't going to be any corals, Maybe a mushroom, but I doubt it, because I want to keep a small clown goby, also.. Do you think one little clown goby, would be too big for a 4 Gallon? I mean all they do is sit there. If so, could you suggest a smaller goby, Thanks!!! Sorry for the long post. :D

Thank you Quash, I normally come in here to see my Step-Father drooling over some of you guys`(Excuse the assumption any Ladies out there, Its just a Majority Issue.) tanks. Thanks for pointing out Bluezones, Hmm he has a True Perc` in there, I wonder if I should do that instead of a Clown Goby, I want somthing nice to look at, and the Clown goby is cool, but all he does is sit on his ass all day and look at you like "What Punk, You think I'm going to move for you? Well You've gone crazy foo."

If my tank was larger I'd get a mandrin, We have one in a twenty gallon that is almost as big as my hand!!! He's really cool, we have a copepod farm, but it's probably too small to feed two anyways.

Any suggestion on the lights guys? I think I'm going to go Top-less, Or with an Acrylic top thats cut for my filter and heater, and has a hole for an air tube or two. I'm pretty new at this, and my father thinks I've gone nutts with all the ideas I've been coming up with, but I like them, and I think I could pull some of them off. Besides, He got to Modify his damned Nano Cube, I'm going to modify MY tank two.

Archived