Cultivated Reef

Tank Related Questions for a first timer

Case

I am in the process of doing research right now for my very first Saltwater aquarium and wanted to find some feed back from you guys being you have already started and may or may not be running a successful tank.

Any how I was thinking about running a Acrylic 20 gallon or 15 gallon tank, although I am leaning towards 20 gallon tank. Now my question is since I have been looking at the different manufacturers and keeps coming back to Sea Clear’s line of tanks.

So in a 20 gallon should I just go for the Eclipse compatible or a Standard 20 Gallon (Regular or Show)?

Now in the Standard tanks I am unaware of the difference between Show and Regular and have not been able to find any information on that…would any one be able to explain?

Lastly Lighting…. Need help with lighting choices….

Well i narrowed down my choices...

26 Gallon Bowfront (24x15x21)

or

20 Gallon Reg (24x13x16)

So what do you guys think I should get and why?

schaferfred

I think it boils down to your personal preference. Being your first saltwater, maybe the 26 would be better. More gallons = less chance of disaster if any errors are made. My first saltwater was a 55 gallon and believe me I needed all 55 gallons....lol

Originally posted by schaferfred

More gallons = less chance of disaster if any errors are made. My first saltwater was a 55 gallon and believe me I needed all 55 gallons....lol

see dont rub it in... I want bigger... it coems down to $$ tho... grr im a starving student... trust me im pulling in all my favors that every one owes me to build this tank kekesign.gif

Archived