Pod Your Reef

Good fish stores near Philly?

jdiver

Does anybody who lives in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Maryland know of any good fish stores in or near Philly? I live about 45 minutes northeast of the city (in Doylestown, PA), and about 20 minutes away from the New Jersey border. TIA.

Thanks scobri. I just checked and The Hidden Reef is less than 30 miles away from me, so that should be great. What are their prices and selection like?

they have some live rock,,,tonga, figi, and eva

lots of fish and soft and hard corals as well...

Im new in the hobby so I really couldnt compare their prices to anyone else...but what they have looks very nice...im looking forward to getting back up there as soon as my tank finishes cycling

SaltyMember

The Aquarium Center in Clementine NJ is a great place.  It is 15 minutes from phila. off of Rt. 42.  It is a  big place and has a big selection of fresh/salt fish, decent selection of corals.  Prices seem competitive.

Thanks for the suggestion SaltyMember. I checked and The Aquarium Center is about 50-60 miles away from me. Competitive prices would definitely be nice, after seeing $15/lb Fiji lr, $4 blue leg hermits, etc. at my lfs.

SaltyMember

Jdiver, I was just at the Aquarium Center yesterday and they are charging between 6-7 dollars for LR.  They have Fiji curing now...

figi and eva at Hidden Reef I think is 5.99

tonga 7.99

off the top of my head though...here is the number if ya like to call them

215-698-8886 (fishroom)

I second the Hidden Reef.  All their tanks are immaculate and well-developed, and they have a great selection.  The staff is also very helpful, and are the type that will actually steer you in a different (albeit, cheaper) direction if they think that's what's best for your tank.   I went to another LFS (don't remember the name) in Chinatown in Philly... don't waste your time.

If you ever feel like taking a roadtrip, Absolutely Fish on rt 46 in Clifton, NJ is hard to beat.

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to also try aquarium center. They are only dedicated to fish. Beautiful store and great selection. They sell everything you can think of in saltwater and freshwater.

I'm probably going to take a trip to Absolutely Fish within the next few weeks. (The Hidden Reef has already gotten a lot of my money, so I might as well spread the wealth. :))

koiman16- Where is Aquarium Center located? Thanks.

Archived