Pod Your Reef

[WARNING]

CaptainErratic

CaptainErratic

do not enter any transactions with user pearsonrk. you will not get your product, you will however get all kinds of horrible excuses and explanations followed by lies that he never recieved your money and has since sold the item locally as he "cancelled shipping" due to non-payment. which is not possible by the way if you have actually sent it as stated. he does not have paypal and requested a money order.

just learn from my mistake and do no do businness with this user.

CaptainErratic
there is already a thread for this.

yes im sorry, i just wanted to get make sure everybody on the classifieds sees it that my not check the vendor thread.

Make the seller/buyer sign a legal contract that states they will have to dress up in a bunny suit and go on chat roulette whilst videotaping the whole act for YouTube if they don't send/send money for the product. The agreement could say they also have to wait through EVERY chat partner until they disconnect, so they'll have to suffer through all of the naked people doing stuff solo. That will make them pay! :P

CaptainErratic

i was the buyer and sent the money via money order as the seller did not have a paypal account. i paid, he did not produce the product..

i was the buyer and sent the money via money order as the seller did not have a paypal account. i paid, he did not produce the product..

There was some dude that did this to my LFS. They're big online sellers and some dude ordered an MP40es W and some fanciful, multi-hundred-dollar skimmer. They paid via paypal, then when it was delivered, they retracted the payment... How did they get away with this? They had the package delivered to an abandoned home, which was the pickup spot for the thief. Most thieves aren't so clever. What comes around goes around!

I believe in all circumstances, Paypal protects the buyer, not the seller. This means the buyer can retract their payment at any time... Never really used Paypal myself, but this is what I have read. Buying online is risky, so it's always better to pay a bit extra and get the product at a credible store in person IMO. :)

There was some dude that did this to my LFS. They're big online sellers and some dude ordered an MP40es W and some fanciful, multi-hundred-dollar skimmer. They paid via paypal, then when it was delivered, they retracted the payment... How did they get away with this? They had the package delivered to an abandoned home, which was the pickup spot for the thief. Most thieves aren't so clever. What comes around goes around!

I believe in all circumstances, Paypal protects the buyer, not the seller. This means the buyer can retract their payment at any time... Never really used Paypal myself, but this is what I have read. Buying online is risky, so it's always better to pay a bit extra and get the product at a credible store in person IMO. :)

You're giving people ideas with this. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple people try this and get away with it.

You're giving people ideas with this. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple people try this and get away with it.

lol Im having a hard time figuring out where the 'what comes around goes around' part comes in

no payment was ever made, i have gotten no money, i did have the pump held when he sent me this pm

Alright well I have usps holding the shipping envelope with the check until i have some kind of verification. Or once it arrives since in all reality if u sent it priority it would be here in like 72 hours

no payment was ever made, i have gotten no money, i did have the pump held when he sent me this pm

Alright well I have usps holding the shipping envelope with the check until i have some kind of verification. Or once it arrives since in all reality if u sent it priority it would be here in like 72 hours

USPS holding the shipment? I'm pretty sure they don't "hold" anything.. if you need it "held," they'd probably RTS that ####. Stop playing. I'm pretty damn sure if a money order was sent to your house, you would've gotten it. They don't misplace mail that often.. you asked for money order over paypal.. you already knew that was suspicious.. and who the hell doesn't have paypal nowadays anyway and still knows how the #### to post something on a forum? If you know how to post on a forum, you can use paypal.. so don't bull####. Even someone who isn't 18 can probably get it, which irrelevant since kids have facebooks nowadays.

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.. but I just believe the buyer.

I did have paypal about 4 years ago, but when you buy 2000 bucks work of zebra plecos and get ####ed over...you would change your mind about paypal in a hurry

I did have paypal about 4 years ago, but when you buy 2000 bucks work of zebra plecos and get ####ed over...you would change your mind about paypal in a hurry

It's more ease of mind for the buyer than seller. It's more of a barrier for the buyer vs. the seller.. because it allows the buyer to trust the seller more. In person, this doesn't have to go that way.. but over the internet.. it's more important for the one with the money to pay to trust the seller vs. the one with possible product that they may or may not have to send.

I apologize if you got screwed as a buyer.. but it's really hard for someone to trust their hard earned cash to someone who is not using a secure service as a seller.

JamieSheffield

Airing this sort of dirty laundry in the open forum doesn't serve any purpose, except to make everyone look bad and get angrier at each other. Two versions of the story have been stated, nobody can prove/disprove what really happened, so what's the benefit of continuing this thread, much less starting another?

JMHO, YMMV...

Jamie

That's why the seller should ship only to paypal verified addresses.

If buy paid by money order and has reciept he can find out if the MO has been cashed and that would prove one way or the other

CaptainErratic

i guess since he got "f@cked" buying some stupid zebra plecos years ago he is trying to scam everybody he can to try and get his 2000 bucks back.. what a worthless pos.. i am going to find out about that money order being cashed tho.. i didnt know if they would have a record of that, but i do still have the reciept..

Archived