Pod Your Reef

20H Add ons: Which setup?

Universe555

Universe555

I have a 20H AGA and 2x65w Coralife so far. I plan on ample LR and LS. These are the three add on schemes I am thinking about.

1)Remora skimmer... no fuge.

2)CPR BakPak and Fuge.

3)AQ500 modified with fuge.

What does everyone think? I can't decide.

Reefer_Buddha

why no fuge with remora? I run that and works great. CPR Bakpaks are turds imo i wouldnt run one unless someone gave it to me. AQ500 mod is cool if you can work with acrylic. Id do that with a remora.

Reefer_Buddha

I hate cpr simply for the fact they screw you for simplistic products. I used to make refugiums and sell them on here but as of late thats not happening. ALTHOUGH...i have been designing a new fuge that i might put on the classifieds here if you wana wait i might be making a few. No promises tho :) If you dont wana wait then id do the aq500 mod its not that tough and you dont need an extra powerhead.

Universe555

Here's my only problem with using the Remora and AQ500 modified...

I want to be able to hide my heater in the back... I think I would only be able to get a 5ow in the AQ and I was looking for at least a 100w.

Any suggestions and thanks for the excellent advice.

Reefer_Buddha

i have 2 heaters in my tank a 75w in the fuge and 25w in the main tank, takes care of any heating problems. Some people do that for redundancy up to you tho.

Archived