Innovative Marine Aquariums

Scarecrows nano

nate21887

Well the 40B sold tonight, so hopefuly once some of the other equipment sells, I can get a skimmer. Tomorrow I'm going out for some water tight containers to start getting RO water.

Tonight though picked up some algae control help, 5 trochus snails and a blenny. Hopefuly they can help keep things in check until the skimmer is acquired. Also picked up a BTA for my clown, see how long it takes for them to find each other.

Pictures to come tomorrow when the lights are on.

your rockwork is beautiful even in that nanocube and with the bacterial bloom. You should consider adding in small macroalgae or some sort of swaying/low lying softies

Thanks supernip! At first I wasn't feeling it but I've grown to really like it now. I'm thinking similar thoughts about coral placement, really wanting an acan garden up front. I'm researching softies, love the look of a lot movement.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can't afford an rodi off the bat try distilled water....understand it adds up though - I keep putting off getting an rodi....for a year now..think...I top off a gallon a day...plus up until two months ago was doing 3 gallon waterchanges every week....at 88 cent a gallon....ugh...get it sooner then later :)

Hey Deckoz! Game plan is next month when tax money is in I'm getting my own. I have been using RO/DI from LFS which seems to be helping the situation slightly but like you said...it adds up! 10 gallons at time is around $8 a week...so the purchase of my own unit will pay for itself quick.

Archived