Innovative Marine Aquariums

2 x 96 watt pc over a 40 gal

1fish2fish

Thinking about changeing the lighting on the bosses tank. It's a 3 foot long acrylic tank and currently just has a little dinky NO flourescent bulbs. Mushrooms are growing and some macro, but I want to make it a little more special. I do realize that MH are generally considered better, but I don't want to have to futz with building a hood or anything like that. This being said I am looking at the Coralife 2x 96 watt fixture. I figure this will give plenty of light to keep softies happy and even some LPS. I don't want to start getting into the tougher to keep corals for this tank, because the time will come that I won't be looking after it anymore and I would prefer not to set something more advanced up and leave somone in a position where they are in WAY over their head.

So, does anyone have any comments on the choice of lighting?

That would be a perfect setup for softies and lps. In fact its exactly what I have on my tank, a 40g acrylic also; except the fixture is the one made by CustomSeaLife, with moonlights. Here's a pic of my tank...

full_tank_shot.jpg

Thanks for the kind words... At the moment, there are no fish in there, just inverts. The tank broke out with ick several weeks before and I took all of them out and moved them to a hospital tank. I'm just gonna give it several more weeks to make sure all the ick dies off.

Archived