ReefCleaners.org

Poll: Which brand of Salt do you prefer or think is best?

JDK

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Salt?

• Instant Ocean Reef Crystals
    • Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix
    • SeaChem Reef Salt
    • Kent Marine Sea Salt
    • E.S.V. Seawater System Salt Mix
    • Tropic Marin Sea Salt
    • Brightwell NeoMarine Salt Mix
    • Coralife Scientific Grade Marine Salt
    • D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus Salt
    • AquaVitro

SouthFlorida_Tron

For the price, availability @ LFS, quick dissolve I have to go with crystals, it ain't broke, y change... Or something like that :ninja:

For the price, availability @ LFS, quick dissolve I have to go with crystals, it ain't broke, y change... Or something like that :ninja:

Bought Red Sea when I first setup my tank because it was available at the LFS and it wasn't terribly priced, I've had great luck with it since so like the above poster said if it aint broke don't fix it.

Reef Crystals... Never used anything else and I've never had a problem. There may be something better out there, but I don't have any need to change.

HTH- Wizzy :happy:

Where you located? I know where to get it cheap. 50 bucks. Ya put it in the poll. I love it. Quick clear and the levels of additives to it is amazing. Phos and nit is always zero. It also is easy to measure. I make 5 gal in 5mins. It clears in 7 but I let sit for a day

red sea coral pro. A: it mixes like warm butter on a hot biscuit. B: living 5 minutes from BRS i can pick it up easily.

Then you are on a gravy train with biscuit wheels!

Where you located? I know where to get it cheap. 50 bucks. Ya put it in the poll. I love it. Quick clear and the levels of additives to it is amazing. Phos and nit is always zero. It also is easy to measure. I make 5 gal in 5mins. It clears in 7 but I let sit for a day

I'm in San Diego (North County). PM me if you don't want to post it up. This Bio actif is expensive and I have to dose. I don't mind dosing but it'd be nice not to.

I probably shouldn't have voted because I've never used anything except ESV. But I will say it mixes fast, no residue, and is preferred by alot of professional coral farmers I speak to at swap meets.

AquaticDiscounts

I've tried a bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt(mixes quick, water change in less than a hour), Brightwell NeoMarine Salt( causes a big white cloud when pouring in the bucket"hold your breath"), SeaChem Reef Salt(leaves undissolved pieces behind even after 24hrs) and D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus Salt( cost a lot and also doesn't dissolve very good.)

I like Red Sea Coral Pro the best.

It mixes fast and dissolves the quickest and all the levels are the most consistent In my own experience. All my corals like it, they even told me them self's ;)

If you can swing the cost, tropic marin is great salt. I probably will not buy another as it cost me 80 bucks for a bucket, but the params are spot on and it mixes clear after 10min with a mj with no junk in the bottom.

How come OP picked the FOWLR salt from Tropic Marin and not the reef salt mix?

Voted for TM Sea Salt even thought I use TM Pro Reef.

I couldn't find the reef blend when i was buying salt and didn't want to order. Are they that much different? My sea salt mixes with great Ca, Alk, and Mg.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Georgia Aquarium recently (the worlds largest) and i thought it was really cool that they use Instant Ocean salt! Im not sure if it was reef crystal or not, but if its good enough for them, its good enough for me.

Archived