ReefCleaners.org

My Nano Cube... Opinions please

frankie439

Hello... Here is my tank... Tell me what you think.

This is the setup:

The tank is the JBJ Nano Cube. I modded it by cutting teeth in the upper left hand corner to act somewhat as an overflow. This does a great job at skimming the surface. I took out ALL the filter media. In the first compartment I put a product called PolyFilter. It looks like a sponge but is much more rough to the touch. This helps eliminate phospates, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and other harmful elements from the tank while not stripping the water of nutrients, and still serves the same function as the stock sponges. In the second compartment I have a bag of Chemi-Pure and a bag of Purigen to aid in bad chemical control. In the third compartment I have live rock. In the fourth, I have a Maxi-Jet 606 Powerhead and a heater.

Aragonite substrate and Figi Live Rock.

Live Stock:

Tongue coral

Red Brain

Toadstool Leather

Two Xenia

Finger Leather

Red Mushrooms

Fox Coral

Pagoda Cup

Yellow Figi Leather

Two Plate Corals

Yellow polyps

Blue Sponge

Candy Coral

Red Chili Coral

Two Feather Dusters

3 Turbo Snails

7 Blue leg crabs

Blue Stripe Goby

Royal Gramma

Orange Damsel?

it's about 3 months old. I also have a cleaner shrimp. The tank has given me no problems whatsoever. I simply do my 1.5 gal water change a week.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am thinking about getting the nano cube. Couple of questions.

First, are you using the 50/50- 24 watt light that came with it? I would also like know other mods you did to it to get it to work right. I do like the end result tho-

thank you,

TQ

• 3 weeks later...

Stock lighting works just fine. Mods, I used a wood burner to melt a rounded tooth skimmer. Next compartment is LR, then activated carbon, next stock powerhead.

what is that toadstool looking, peach,and looks like it has a thousand tentacles, in the middle of your tank? Is that a leather closed up? (the one the purple/yellow fishy is above) I want to get that one of those.

Great job on the tank, looks really great, take a look at mine, I just started.

Archived