SaltCritters.com

Astrea snails pooping

eferna

So what do u guyg do to clean it? Do you siphon it out everyday?

which would seem like a pain in the butt. Or do you get something that eats poop?

you know?

this is the second post I have seen covering this topic here. I have never had a problem with snail poop. I have never even thought about snail poop (until now that is). If there is snail poop in there my sandbed critters get it before it is seen I guess. I do however clean alot of misc. critter poop outta my skimmer every few days dont know if it is just snail poop or a mix of everyones poop or not even poop at all. whish makes me think about the time a local sportscaster said "I hafta Poop" on the air by mistake boy was that funny.....oh yeah, snail poop

Get a detrivour kit for your sand bed they are hard working little snail poop eaters,

HTH,

Toypoop

hmm i think worms eat poop... at one time i had an urchin that pooped tons of little pellets all the time... i used to see those little white thread-like worms literally attack those pellets. i was disgusted that some animal would feed on the feces of another, but hey it's better than letting it sit there and decay!

Back when I had the bigtime Diatoms the snails used to eat lots and crap lots.

I hated the poop and used to siphone it out. Now that the diatoms are gone, I dont need to cleanup after them anymore. Perhaps siphone out a few plops during water changing thats all.

In my tank, I never really see it on the sand, save a few stray nuggets. They seem to just break apart and get taken care of by the brave souls who will happily eat it. I do find some poo piles on my rock, which I just suction off with water changes. No biggie.

Siphon? Never--it depeletes your sandbed of life. Do you have any LS? Those critters should be taking care of the problem for you. Do you have anything that would eat sandbed fauna?

Ty

eferna Came out of the Closet to say

Astrea snails poop too much. I  just cleaned my SB yesterday and today I have poop all over.

I just want to thank you fer enriching my knowlege on........poop. :D actualy I just wanted to say poop.

POOP POOP, poop, Poo, poopie, Sir. Poopsalot, Pooparama, poopsie baby ! Poop..... uhhh and poop.

:P

yeah Every thing poops... Good thing there isnt a pooper scooper law fer aquariums...:woot:

Check out Hayseed Dixie (country band). They've got this song, "Keeping your poop in a jar" that you'd probably like. It's catchy - Skimmer folk will like it for sure.

My turbo's give out a lot of waste daily. However, the microorganisms will get to it in no time. If you notice, it gets "dragged" into the subrate.

When I siphone, I obviously dont touch the sand. I use an airline tubing, there is enough force just to lift the poop but not the sand. I dont go near where the critters hang out, only near the front where the critters hide during the light hours. Sorry I should have made that clear earlier.

Archived