Innovative Marine Aquariums

My nano... What do you think?

frankie439

Try to get another clearer picture if you can, but from what i see it looks very nice. What are you running? Could you give us some specs.

Okay, here it is. The tank is the JBJ Nano Cube. I modded it by cutting teeth in the upper left hand corner to act somewhat as an overflow. This does a great job at skimming the surface. I took out ALL the filter media. In the first compartment I put a product called PolyFilter. It looks like a sponge but is much more rough to the touch. This helps eliminate phospates, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and other harmful elements from the tank while not stripping the water of nutrients, and still serves the same function as the stock sponges. In the second compartment I have a bag of Chemi-Pure and a bag of Purigen to aid in bad chemical control. In the third compartment I have live rock. In the fourth, I have a Maxi-Jet 606 Powerhead and a heater.

Aragonite substrate and Figi Live Rock.

Live Stock:

Tongue coral

Red Brain

Toadstool Leather

Two Xenia

Finger Leather

Red Mushrooms

Fox Coral

Pagoda Cup

Yellow Figi Leather

Two Plate Corals

Yellow polyps

Blue Sponge

Candy Coral

Red Chili Coral

Two Feather Dusters

3 Turbo Snails

7 Blue leg crabs

Blue Stripe Goby

Royal Gramma

Orange Damsel?

I know the pic isn't too clear, but I had to downsize it b/c the file was too big to post. If anyone can tell me how to resize a pic while maintaining the quality, please share so that I can post a better pic.

Frank

MrConclusion

Looks good.

The only thing I would be worried about would be the long-term health of the pagoda coral in a low light situation. The nano-cube lighting is moderate at best, and it looks like the pagoda is in a relatively shaded area. However, while pagoda seems to like higher light in my tanks, they're supposed to do well in "moderate to strong" light, so maybe yours is enough.

I like the blue sponge. I've always been afraid to try them, because most people's experience with sponges seems to be quick death or slow death (how many half-dead sponges have I seen for sale at LFS???) but I do love the color of the blue! If he flourishes in your tank, post an update in 6-12 months please.

the pagoda is ALWAYS fully open, so I think the lighting is good. THe blue sponge is already starting to spread itself to its surrounding rock. Pretty cool.

Archived