Innovative Marine Aquariums

18g Via Aqua

TroyT

Looks like a good start. I am all about those yellow clown gobys. Think about turning that heater horizontal and pushing it to the bottom of the tank. it will be hidden by the rock work. And when you get a chance cut out a nice piece of paper to put up as a back ground.

C. Jerome

digitallinx

Good start!!! I also have a 18 ViaAqua and the possibilites are endless....Cyber's tank is tank of the month(*beautiful)There are many other tanks such as yours with upgrades and one's without...but, we are all here to give assitance if you ever need any. keep us updated in your progress and welcome to the family...

Thanks all. Today I plan on moving the heater to a refugium. I also plan on putting in a background today. I am thinking of a dark blue. I have had black and was looking for a change. Here are some tank stats.

PH - 8.3

CA - ~400

NO3 - 0

NO2 - 0

SG - 1.025

Ammonia - 0

72 watts of PC. 7100 and 12000 bulbs. Plan to change to 10k and 03 soon.

25 lbs, of Fiji LR

25 lbs of LS

Skunk cleaner shrimp

Clown Goby

False Perc

2 bumblebee snails

1 margarita snail

3 cerith snails

1 nas snail

4 turbo snails

2 blue leg hermits

1 small, very small shroom

10 unknown polyps

EDIT: corrected a couple of typos.

Are you making the refugerium or are you buying one. In either event - show us what you are planning - you are off to a great start!!

Keith

Here are some fuge pics I took today. I moved the heater to the fuge added 2 lbs of LS and 1 lb of LR. I am now looking for some macro to put in there. 13w light, 12" fuge, black wall towards tanks to reduce light.

fuge.jpg

fuge1.jpg

fuge2.jpg

fuge3.jpg

CT nano reefer

ya..I would also like to know where you got the fuge from...did it come with the light ?..looks awsome on that tank!

It is a standard CPR 12" fuge with a Jali 13w lamp fixture. Nothing really fancy. I missed out on the custom fuges by reefer on the boards here and I wasn't really to sure how to build one myself. So, I paid for one, ya I paid more than what I should have, but I didn't want something that looked like crap either. I painted the wall black. I used Krylon Fusion Paint.

Archived