Top Shelf Aquatics

New to the hobby 50g Rimless

Lokko21

Did I miss what kind of tank this is? Custom? Plumbing looks really good.

I believe it's a CADlight, the plumbing I copy it from few tanks that I saw in here, it took me countless trips to home depot , to get it right ,but it's coming the way I wanted.

Sorry if I'm being to paranoid but after cleaning my thank my anemone did this 20111219_201718.jpg

what should I do or it is normal, I turn off 2 days 1 of my pumps for a calmer night and my amonia spiked a little.

As this thread progresses, you may want to ask a mod to move it into the Member's Aquarium forum for more exposure.

;)

Cool I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

how long has this tank been running? it looks like under a month and you have 2 clowns and an anemone? you shouldn't see any ammonia spike. if you do it means your tank hasn't properly cycled or you added too much too quickly. would do a large water change asap. I know ur new but anemones aren't easy to care for.

*edit* oh and btw the pic above of the thing u were asking about is a hydroid. quite common and will come and go.

how long has this tank been running? it looks like under a month and you have 2 clowns and an anemone? you shouldn't see any ammonia spike. if you do it means your tank hasn't properly cycled or you added too much too quickly. would do a large water change asap. I know ur new but anemones aren't easy to care for.

*edit* oh and btw the pic above of the thing u were asking about is a hydroid. quite common and will come and go.

Thanks for the reply, I'll do a water change tomorrow as soon as I get off from work.

np. hope everything works out. I would advise that you slow down a bit tho. Hopefully everything will make it but if you add anything else, it'll just make things worse. Let your system mature a bit then you can steadily add more stuff.

np. hope everything works out. I would advise that you slow down a bit tho. Hopefully everything will make it but if you add anything else, it'll just make things worse. Let your system mature a bit then you can steadily add more stuff.

Thanks for the great advice I'll leave it alone, just taking care of it, hopefully everything goes well, I check my amonia today and it's back to zero nada.

I have a question what you guys suggest 1 mp10wes or 2,do you guys think 1 will do the job..?? Right now I have 2 Koralias 750 but I want a controllable pump.

Thanks again.

BTW I was about to get a clearer shrimp, but I'll wait.

• 3 weeks later...
Same height or different..? Or exactly the same location on both sides..??

Thanks

Not sure it matters.

Depends on your dims.

You just want that turbulence & Master/Slave.

Or particular flow requirements according to your livestock.

Not sure it matters.

Depends on your dims.

You just want that turbulence & Master/Slave.

Or particular flow requirements according to your livestock.

Cool thank you.

Hi guys I have a question, I want o add some fish to my tank I have 5 already I don't know if I add more will be to heavy on my tank, I want some advice I want at least 2 more but I want some fish that likes to swim and likes show off in the tank so far I have 2 clowns, 2 yasha gobies and a Hi fin red branded goby, let me know what you guys think and what can I add, some colorful fish thanks guys.

Also how can I move my thread to the member aquariums section...??

A little update:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys I have a question, I want o add some fish to my tank I have 5 already I don't know if I add more will be to heavy on my tank, I want some advice I want at least 2 more but I want some fish that likes to swim and likes show off in the tank so far I have 2 clowns, 2 yasha gobies and a Hi fin red branded goby, let me know what you guys think and what can I add, some colorful fish thanks guys.

Also how can I move my thread to the member aquariums section...??

A little update:

This is still a very new system. Its a 50 gallon tank and you should be able to without problems, BUT you cant go by things your LFS might tell you. That whole gallon per inch of fish is complete garbage. Research into what fish your looking at and see what their natural habitat is (for example, Tangs need a lot of room to swim, due to being herbivores). If you already have 5 in there you about at your limit. Just be sure you really want the fish your looking at, because its easy to just pick up what looks pretty in the LFS, but remember, just because the LFS says its ok doesnt mean its ok for your setup.

Archived